2 stroke oil

You can chat about anything you like here
karlee1433

2 stroke oil

Post by karlee1433 »

Your comments please .I want to use the castrol r 2 stroke oil r40 I think in my suzuki gt500. 1970s smell unbeatable. What's your thoughts.
Robbieben

Re: 2 stroke oil

Post by Robbieben »

After riding and racing 2 strokes for many years I'd personally suggest using the best most modern oil available. Times have moved on beyond Castrol R. If you value your bike and want longevity I'd use the best available.
Modern fully and semi synthetic oils are far more technologically advanced than what was used a few years ago.
My old KH250 used to nip up on the middle piston regularly after being ridden hard, I had to let it cool right down before I could kick it over again, it's never happened using modern fully synthetic 2 stroke oils.
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Castrol R won't work with the oil injection system as unless it's pre heated it's very thick. You could run the bike on pre-mix but unless your prepared to strip the motor every few hundred miles to un-gum the rings like a race bike I would stick to a modern straight mineral two stroke oil similar to Rock Oil Road which I use. Both my kettle when I owned it and my T500 run very rough on either semi or full synthetic, others will disagree but this is what I've found.
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
raysunners

Post by raysunners »

karlee1433 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:54 pm Your comments please .I want to use the castrol r 2 stroke oil r40 I think in my suzuki gt500. 1970s smell unbeatable. What's your thoughts.
I would recommend using a semi synthetic oil and if you want the smell of castrol r put a cap full in your petrol tank now and again
karlee1433

Post by karlee1433 »

Thanks good advice