Shed time. What've you been up to?

You can chat about anything you like here
stevewharton

Re: Shed time. What've you been up to?

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:42 pm Big parcel day today and contained a new lawnmower as the self propelled bit on the old one decided it didn't want to propel itself anymore.
So if anyone wants a self propelled petrol mower that's non self propelled now, but with a good engine come and fetch it FOC or the gypos'll be taking it!!!
I know what FOC means in Lincolnshire, but what does it mean in Yorkieland? because giving something away for free must be an alien concept for you ;)
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

canaletto5 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:33 am I'm a shortarse so no chance of seeing me on one :lol:
They're not as big as you think :o
I'm 5'7" with a 29" inside leg and I could get both feet flat in the floor. Loved mine, should never have sold it :cry:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

stevewharton wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:57 pm
Alan H wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:42 pm Big parcel day today and contained a new lawnmower as the self propelled bit on the old one decided it didn't want to propel itself anymore.
So if anyone wants a self propelled petrol mower that's non self propelled now, but with a good engine come and fetch it FOC or the gypos'll be taking it!!!
I know what FOC means in Lincolnshire, but what does it mean in Yorkieland? because giving something away for free must be an alien concept for you ;)
Means the same here, me owd chufter. Rather see summat used than 'Gyped'.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Oil change on the Hippo yesterday ready for the long weekend to Wales from Thursday. Managed to clean most of what spilled on the drive.......
Lekky start works when it wants and solenoid is ok. Looks like a job for Baz when we get back as it's a pita job to remove the motor.
Yeti still running nice and smoking on all 3 now I've fitted a better grommet to the oil pump lever.
Earwig clutch has had the drybollix reset and works lovely now.
GS seems happy enough, so 4 bikes out of 4 running. That's quite novel.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Eastham

Post by Eastham »

No shed work, but new shed building solely for my bikes
F9E0FD95-A62C-4C88-A29D-6AD77ED56C82.jpeg

5F56AD6E-4AD7-43C5-931C-75B990D50CA5.jpeg
rodent

Post by rodent »

Nearly finished the resto on this beast, going to work on another dirter with the son after this then start a resto on another GT750 :)

750ynot

Post by 750ynot »

Very nice 8-)
Tony