Ebay scammers again.

You can chat about anything you like here
stevewharton

Ebay scammers again.

Post by stevewharton »

Sat in the house in miserable, rainy Grimsby, bored stiff after our Clinic rally has now been and gone :( and after doing a couple of bike jobs in the garage, decided to have a look at the kettle listings on ebay.
Looks like the scammers are at it again, with one scheming b#####d listing several kettles and almost 2000 other bikes and cars all at around the £1700 mark. Reported half a dozen to ebay who are usually quick to remove them once someone tells them.
So if most of us are savvy enough to spot these thieving scumbags, I often wonder if they're ever able to scam anyone? Guess they must do or they wouldn't bother :roll:
On a lighter note, had a rideout yesterday with my son in law, who was on his new Z1000. Went to Seaways and then on to Squires where there were 4 other Enfield Intercepters, common as muck eh? :D
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Optedout

Re: Ebay scammers again.

Post by Optedout »

I also spend time reporting these T’ wats. I’m amazed that eBay don’t have something in
place to prevent them from listing in the first place. They are easy to spot as it’s always
“advertising for some bloke who’s out of the country” and an email address for contact.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

It's nearly 4 hours since I reported the thieving git to ebay and the scams are still all there, looks like ebay's taken their eye off the ball :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Eastham

Post by Eastham »

They guy is not new, what use to happen is that folk use to play at his own game and bid stupid bids knowing it would be taken down, I remember at one time a Fizzy reached about 65K
Yes you would think eBay would have something that could stop this happening, that’s unless they gain from the scammers???