E10 petrol from Sept' 1st.

You can chat about anything you like here
stevewharton

E10 petrol from Sept' 1st.

Post by stevewharton »

So from Sept' 1st 2021 running our classic bikes is going to be more expensive :roll: with the forced changes to E5 petrol meaning it'll no longer be safe for us to use without causing damage to our engines. The only safe answer is to use super unleaded, which as you know is significantly more expensive than the already overpriced standard unleaded.
One thing you can do to save a few bob is to join the "Shell go" club (easy to do online) which gives you 3% off your fuel bill each time you put more than £10 in the tank when you fill up at a Shell station. I've been a member for more than a year now and the savings don't stop there, because every tenth visit I get 8 pence a litre knocked off the bill and there are savings inside the shop at Greggs and Costa coffee too. So it's Shell V Power super unleaded in the kettle and the new 95 octane which can be used safely in the car.
Well worth having then, as no doubt our Yorkshire friends have already discovered ;)
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Re: E10 petrol from Sept' 1st.

Post by Alan H »

Texaco petrol is cheaper than Shell and I rarely put more than a tenner's worth in any of the bikes. Shell lpg for the car is at least 10p litre dearer than Morrison's as well.
Robbin' barstewards.
They keep sending offers for costa plenty coffee too, not very good on a bike without a cup holder......
I'll just keep selling them my 240v off the solar panels at about £600 a year.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:08 pm Texaco petrol is cheaper than Shell and I rarely put more than a tenner's worth in any of the bikes. Shell lpg for the car is at least 10p litre dearer than Morrison's as well.
Robbin' barstewards.
They keep sending offers for costa plenty coffee too, not very good on a bike without a cup holder......
I'll just keep selling them my 240v off the solar panels at about £600 a year.
Yorkshireman, see what I mean :roll:

P.S. You can always tell a Yorkshireman, cos you can't tell a Yorkshireman owt :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

peepwall.gif
peepwall.gif (4.04 KiB) Viewed 154 times
Proof that four strokes are over complicated