reaching 70!

You can chat about anything you like here
johnakay

reaching 70!

Post by johnakay »

anyone on here reached 70 and had apply for a new photo licence?
mine is due and they want me to hand my old paper licence in.
my concern is when I get my new licence they have of omitted my bike licence.
a bit old to take a retest.
a few years ago others had there's removed ,a cock up by DVLA.
the question if you reached 70 was your bike licence intact?
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership
Optedout

Re: reaching 70!

Post by Optedout »

I think if you apply online and authorise them to use your passport photo which they
have already (if you have one) then you can wait until you receive it before sending
the paper one back . That’s what I did with my wife’s earlier this year.
Either way if you can take a photo copy or screen shot of the paper one then that will help
you in the event of a cock up.
johnakay

Post by johnakay »

tried on line and wont accept my address because on my licence address isn't the same as the one they sent me.
the licence has bishopton road west post code start TS16 god knows where they got that from.
mine TS19 . should of had it altered years ago then again I didn't bother in case as stated.
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

johnakay wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:10 pm tried on line and wont accept my address because on my licence address isn't the same as the one they sent me.
the licence has bishopton road west post code start TS16 god knows where they got that from.
mine TS19 . should of had it altered years ago then again I didn't bother in case as stated.
Wuh,
If you haven't updated your address on your paper licence, you may have committed an offence not notifying them ?
If you haven't moved for 100 years and you do have a passport. Then they (DVLC) have got it wrong..........it's still your prob to tell 'em where you live and what you want !
Question, if they sent you a licence with the wrong address........it's your fault for not checking it when you received it. So that's where your registered TS19 ???
Sos for sort of bad news.
As Opty said scan, photocopy old paper licence (just in case) and call 'em (hopefully your retired 'cause you'll wait a little bit to talk to 'em) and sort it out verbally.
Oh,by the way. Tham Welsh :D
Scotch.
Optedout

Post by Optedout »

Scotch750 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:22 pm
johnakay wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:10 pm tried on line and wont accept my address because on my licence address isn't the same as the one they sent me.
Wuh,
If you haven't updated your address on your paper licence, you may have committed an offence not notifying them ?
If you haven't moved for 100 years and you do have a passport. Then they (DVLC) have got it wrong..........it's still your prob to tell 'em where you live and what you want !
Question, if they sent you a licence with the wrong address........it's your fault for not checking it when you received it. So that's where your registered TS19 ???
As Opty said scan, photocopy old paper licence (just in case) and call 'em (hopefully your retired 'cause you'll wait a little bit to talk to 'em) and sort it out verbally.
Scotch.
Yam a racist Scotch! :lol:
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

Optedout wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:34 pm
Scotch750 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:22 pm
Wuh,
Scotch.
Yam a racist Scotch! :lol:
Wuh,
Nah, not me. R doe race any mooar ! :D
Optedout

Post by Optedout »

:lol:
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Just don't send your old licence and check the new one when you get it.
Scotch is right in that you should have told the dvla about a wrong address. It' actually a criminal offence not to.
You can apply by post but it's currently taking at least a couple of months and if you drive with an expired licence and get pulled, your car will be impounded as your insurance is invalid. On line it took less than a week for my licence to be done a couple of months ago, but I lost the C1 class. To retain a full licence, it has to be done by post.
Currently, they don't answer phones and the chatline is useless.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
johnakay

Post by johnakay »

the address is correct at the time.
still live in the same house.
the bit is Bishopston road west t16.
at the time it was a new housing estate so no one knew for sure what the proper address.
I think the post code was out then in 1978.
on their data base every thing is correct inc address but not on my old licence.
the 1st line of address is correct still live the there its just the rest of isn't other than stockton on tees.
johnakay

Post by johnakay »

manage to sort it.
all done.
now just a waiting game. thanks a lot.stay safe you guys dont become complacent we've still got corvid kicking around.