Roger Ackery - old git!!!

You can chat about anything you like here
Alan H

Roger Ackery - old git!!!

Post by Alan H »

70 today.
Welcome to the 7th directive mate, many more to come hopefully!
The '70s club' seems to be steadly growing, hope it continues and we don't lose folks anytime soon!! :shock:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Re: Roger Ackery - old git!!!

Post by stevewharton »

Happy 70th birthday Roger, I imagine the weather over there is a bit better than here in the UK :roll: so I think a celebratory ride out on the kettle's in order. Welcome to the 70 club mate.
All the best Steve W.

P.S. a HBD to Adam Clifton too :D
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Happy birthday Roger, shower of old giffers :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

Thank You Gentlemen, very nice to be remembered :tw doing my best to having a good day, everyday ;) Sold the Kettle a while ago, probably sold to the wrong guy actually :cry: to young really to appreciate her & give her enough attention :!: :!: His Dad had a Kettle back in the Day, his only interest in buying I think at the time. :?:
He rang me awhile ago wanting to know anyone who could give her a good wash & a detail :oops:
So he is not really the ideal Kettle owner in my estimation….I could’ve volunteered my services to do the work for him, but I think I’d end up stealing her, hiding her somewhere, & doing “sometime inside”

I hope you guys over there are all ok, & the worst of the Covid thingy is behind the UK,
We seem to be on top of it here in Australia, most doubled dosed by now. Masks to go around 15 December :)

Best Regards,
Roger ;)
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
slosher

Post by slosher »

Roger Ackery wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:32 pm Thank You Gentlemen, very nice to be remembered :tw doing my best to having a good day, everyday ;) Sold the Kettle a while ago, probably sold to the wrong guy actually :cry: to young really to appreciate her & give her enough attention :!: His Dad had a Kettle back in the Day, his only interest in buying I think at the time. :?:
He rang me awhile ago wanting to know anyone who could give her a good wash & a detail :oops:
So he is not really the ideal Kettle owner in my estimation….I could’ve volunteered my services to do the work for him, but I think I’d end up stealing her, hiding her somewhere, & doing “sometime inside”

I hope you guys over there are all ok, & the worst of the Covid thingy is behind the UK,
We seem to be on top of it here in Australia, most doubled dosed by now. Masks to go around 15 December

Best Regards,
Roger ;)
That's a bit of a surprise Roger if there was person on here that would always have his Kettle i would have said you mate :shock:
Hope your keeping well down under ;) All the very best Roger
GT750L
GT550L
TL1000 97s
T140V
Loctite Trained Engineer :lol:(since having the Bonnie)