DELKEVIC PIPE TEST

You can chat about anything you like here
Roger Ackery

Re: DELKEVIC PIPE TEST

Post by Roger Ackery »

barrie wrote:i may look out for a original set

I've kept mine,I was going to sell on....keeping them & will sell with the bike when the time comes :cry: :cry: :cry:
Cheers,
Roger
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
pauledley

Post by pauledley »

have Delkevic made any modifications to noise reduction since Baz posted the video in 2011 ?
just wondering as the price has risen quite a lot more than inflation
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

Hi,price jumped up here in Australia to,I was lucky enough to buy a second hand set from them at a really great price late last year,rather loud compared to the originals :shock:
Cheers,
Roger
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
astrax

Post by astrax »

I think the Delkevic baffles are are supposed to be compatible with standard pipes, has anybody tried the Delkevic baffles in standard pipes and do the original still sound the same as they did,
Or put original baffle in Delkevic, assuming they fit.

Only mention as I lost a baffle for my Higgspeed a couple of weeks a go and made a set of 3 baffles from slightly smaller diameter perforated tube and it sounds quieter than it did with the original higgspeed baffles, both higgs and new baffles had new wadding on.

So not sure if the noise difference between the Delkevic and original, is purely down to the pipes, some of it may be the baffles ?

Ian
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

I'm sure some brave soul actually cut up a standard set of pipes to repair them and found acres of sound deadening perforated baffles around the sides of the exhausts? he posted his findings on here and I think the reason the Delcavics where noisier was due to the fact they didn't use this extra sound deadening in their pipes?
You lot with later Kettles should thank your lucky stars as at least you do have an option to replace with a new system, us poor souls with J & K bikes are stuffed if the standard system is u/s :cry:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
astrax

Post by astrax »

Hi Paul

I know Mark on the forum has done some really nice work cutting open, repairing insides and getting re-welded, not sure how much of the sound difference is down to the extra mesh and sound deadening, that's assuming Delkevic do not use any, also the a thicker gauge of the metal used will probably help to a point.

Just interested to see if anything sounds different if the original/Delkavic baffles were swapped, if they can be ?

I like loud, so not something that I would worry about, even Delkevic on a bad day, would not be heard over the Higgspeeds :D

Ian
malky

Post by malky »

Just bought a set off them and noticed that the bottom pipes now have the baffling plates inside as per the original Suzuki ones - put the top ones on one bike and must say they don't seem to have that spannie sound that the last set we fitted had -sounds quite normal as does the other bike that we put the bottom set on Mal.
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Wish they would do a set for the J/K :cry:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
mark.read3

Post by mark.read3 »

PaulD738 wrote:Wish they would do a set for the J/K :cry:
Would have made my life a bit easier :lol:
teebowbusablaster

Post by teebowbusablaster »

Wish (and I have just emailed them to ask) if they'd do a set for the 550 (later, no link pipes).