Crank bearings

pin

Crank bearings

Post by pin »

Hi all
It’s been a time now I do look in from time to time,
How do you know if the crank bearings are on there way out,
The engine had a rebuild and the crank done but after running the engine in I noticed the one of the 2 stroke oil ways was empty it’s still running but I get some vibration at about 3000 to 3500 revs I’m thinking that I should get the crank checked ,
Just asking for some advice
Thanks
Pin
pin

Re: Crank bearings

Post by pin »

Been thinking about this and decided as it’s running really good apart from the vibration which is not to bad just to wait and see what happens in time
Thanks
Pin
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Is the vibration present when standing still and in neutral or when riding the bike.
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

pin wrote:Been thinking about this and decided as it’s running really good apart from the vibration which is not to bad just to wait and see what happens in time
Thanks
Pin
Who rebuilt your crank? Did you have it balanced/lightened at the same time? The reason I ask is that quite few folk report getting vibration after having crank work done
pin

Post by pin »

Hi
The crank was refurbished at Chris Applebee and balanced at the same time looking at is he did a great job,
Re-bored done at Chris Applebee and new pistons from cruzinmage,
The vibration starts at about 3000 rpm up to about 3500 rpm right in middle of normal running around speed ,
I had one of these bike years ago my first big bike and I know the past make things run a lot better than they did but I can’t remember it had any vibration apart from ticking over
Thanks for the reply
Pin
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Yep, Chris did all mine as well and guess what....
pin

Post by pin »

Hi
I hope it runs with out vibration
Pin
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Nope. It isn't bad but it is there. As I hadn't ridden the beast before the rebuild I can't tell if it is as it was. I also can't remember if they did that 45 years ago either :lol:
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

My 750J has a rough patch around there but it was only when cruising at that speed that I felt it. I just speeded up :lol: did you renew the rubber bushes on the engine mounts? It does make a difference and they do perish with age
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
pin

Post by pin »

Hi
No I did not put new engine mounts in but will be ordering some and give it ago and see ,
It’s not to bad but I do find I change up a gear or down before I feel I should ,
Will post when I put the new mounts in
Pin