Side panel Emblems

Eastham

Re: Side panel Emblems

Post by Eastham »

Alan H wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:57 am Hmmm. Some missing posts here. Someone had a sense of humour meltdown? :roll:
And someone can’t take criticism, I don’t know how many post you have deleted, but certainly your first and my reply have been, so why have you deleted them? There was nothing in my reply offensive, that’s unless you didn’t like what I put, as they say, truth hurts :lol:
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

I didn't delete anything.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Eastham

Post by Eastham »

Alan H wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:50 am I didn't delete anything.
So if it wasn’t you, who else could? as I certainly didn’t delete mine and can’t delete any others
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Eastham wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:59 am
barney01 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:20 am Sorry i see they are red. I have no experience with them.
Ha Ha, :D ye and I can see also, but was wondering if you knew what shade, how about the chrome?
My bike has the stick on emblems, but just thought I would try and tart up the ones I’ve got for something to do
Hi

I strip out the old glitter fill with industrial paint stripper. Dont try and scratch it out because you damage the silver base and it shows through.

I use Acrylic resin (The sort you use for casting small stuff like paperweights etc, it has hardener)

I mix in a touch of the glasart orange until the shade is about right then add very small chrome flakes in to the mix.

Get a wooden kebab skewer and use it to drop the mix into the GT lettering until they are full. Move it around with the point of the skewer to fill the corners.

Let the resin harden. Takes a few days. Don't bake it, it doesn't work.

On the chrome lettering, if it is undamaged, just clean it. If it is scratched, remove it all with 400 grit wet and dry then use increasingly finer grades (Finish with 2000) to get a surface that can then be polished with solvol or similar. It isn't a chrome finish but looks nice if done properly.

Do the chrome lettering before the orange lettering

Kev
Optedout

Post by Optedout »

Eastham wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:56 am
So if it wasn’t you, who else could? as I certainly didn’t delete mine and can’t delete any others
I think you have been moderated as I thought you would be. I did take a screen shot
just in case as it made me laugh out loud! :lol:
Eastham

Post by Eastham »

Optedout wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:02 am
I think you have been moderated as I thought you would be. I did take a screen shot
You are indeed correct, 🤦‍♂️
Not sure what part made you lol, but I’m glad it didn’t offend everyone 😊
So best behavior from now :?
Eastham

Post by Eastham »

canaletto5 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:43 am
Eastham wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:59 am
barney01 wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:20 am Sorry i see they are red. I have no experience with them.
Ha Ha, :D ye and I can see also, but was wondering if you knew what shade, how about the chrome?
My bike has the stick on emblems, but just thought I would try and tart up the ones I’ve got for something to do
Hi

I strip out the old glitter fill with industrial paint stripper. Dont try and scratch it out because you damage the silver base and it shows through.

I use Acrylic resin (The sort you use for casting small stuff like paperweights etc, it has hardener)

I mix in a touch of the glasart orange until the shade is about right then add very small chrome flakes in to the mix.

Get a wooden kebab skewer and use it to drop the mix into the GT lettering until they are full. Move it around with the point of the skewer to fill the corners.

Let the resin harden. Takes a few days. Don't bake it, it doesn't work.

On the chrome lettering, if it is undamaged, just clean it. If it is scratched, remove it all with 400 grit wet and dry then use increasingly finer grades (Finish with 2000) to get a surface that can then be polished with solvol or similar. It isn't a chrome finish but looks nice if done properly.

Do the chrome lettering before the orange lettering

Kev
Wow! Thanks Kev

Will certainly try as you say, just as soon as it warms up and I can get in the man cave, might have to get back to you once I get going thou :D
Cheers
Neil
Optedout

Post by Optedout »

Eastham wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:05 pm
Optedout wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:02 am

You are indeed correct, 🤦‍♂️
Not sure what part made you lol, but I’m glad it didn’t offend everyone 😊
So best behavior from now :?
It made me laugh and didn’t offend me at all as I’m sure that you said what a few people have thought! Especially the guy who was new to the forum and was asked “if he was clever
enough to use any advice that may be given” :lol:
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

No problem

Here's an example of one done like that, fitted to my 550 side panels
IMAG0748.jpg
Eastham

Post by Eastham »

canaletto5 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:28 pm No problem

Here's an example of one done like that, fitted to my 550 side panels

IMAG0748.jpg
Looks great, I just might try the Chrome and black first as I don’t think the glitter is too bad
Attachments
1648C4D3-5AD7-489B-93BB-BFAF72ECD174.jpeg