Oil pump spare parts

Filly

Oil pump spare parts

Post by Filly »

Hi all, I am looking for oil pump cover parts for Suzuki GT 750. It seems that Suzuki never put these parts on the market. I need the oil seal lever shaft and the oil pump shaft oil seal. I thank everyone in advance
Image Image
arthur

Re: Oil pump spare parts

Post by arthur »

Not to sure you will find a seal,
Many have searched( as did I for sometime ) I had my local Bearing Man look for one and they came up empty, in the end I just put a normal O ring in SO FAR SO GOOD,
teazer

Post by teazer »

Hi there sunshine. I see you found the pinkpossum page covering oil pumps.

Suzuki never supplied components to rebuild pumps but the late Ian Sandy and myself - and others probably - spent ages trying different seals. The OEM size doesn't appear to be available and most we tried are too large or too small on one dimension. I used an O ring on the last pump I rebuilt and so far it has not leaked past the shaft in the 5 or 6 years since I rebuilt it.

BTW, I don't mind you borrowing my pictures and hard work, but I appreciate a link or reference back to the site if you wouldn't mind. Cheers
Filly

Post by Filly »

Hello Teazer, when I took the two photos, I trimmed the bottom where the site reference was, i.e. Pink possum.com thinking it wasn't right to use photos from one site to post them on another. I was wrong, so I thank you and sprinkle my head with ashes. So you confirm that you have used two O rings even though one seat, the outermost one, looks like an oil seal. I thank you both for your responses.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)Image
Filly

Post by Filly »

I don't know if I was clear in my question, are there two oil seals or is it just one? Thanks
teazer

Post by teazer »

No worries mate. We're all good.

That is a U shaped seal. I forget the correct terminology but it's an odd shape and has to seal on the shaft as well as the housing. The slot /groove in the shaft doesn't have dimensions ideal for an O ring because it's designed to take that unusual seal, so an O ring will be able to float slightly on the shaft but it will seal. Ian had a seal that he liked but it was slightly oversized. I prefer one that is 'just' large enough.

But, if you select a size that's a little too large on the bore and OD, it will deflect down to seal the shaft and should work.

I found my files. It's a Urethane U-cup but I can't tell you if it's a Rod style, blank or BH or some other nomenclature. They are all slightly different and they come in Metric and old school measurements.

Ian Judd published details of the X ring he found at sealforce.co.uk which is where I purchased a bunch of different seals and O rings that I couldn't find in the US. I found others at www.theoringstore.com

The bore is nominally 8.3mm, shaft is 5.0mm and the slot is 2.56mm wide
Indy550

Post by Indy550 »

I was wondering whether anyone has had any success sourcing a suitable shaft oilseal since this thread was started?

I have a very modest leak from the shaft, causing oil to run along the actuator arm. It doesn't trouble me hugely, but reckon I should sort it out.

I saw this aftermarket seal kit on Ebay which appears to contain a shaft oil seal (though not a 'U' profile item, like the original). Has anyone had experience using this kit?

Cheers - Chris

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125660617184 ... xwQAvD_BwE
Harrymail

Post by Harrymail »

Simply Bearings have a suitable seal. I bought half a dozen to keep in stock.

The part number on their website is V5A NBR.

I've fitted a couple, they are quite flexible, but put something suitable over the threads on the shaft end so you don't damage the seal when fitting.

Regards

Paul
Currently without a GT, but looking
2003 Yamaha Fazer 600 Blue
2020 Triumph Street Twin Red
1968 BSA Bantam Sports Red
asco58

Post by asco58 »

I was thinking that V-ring seals would be suitable for this purpose but fortunately I haven't needed to replace that seal on my oil pump yet. Thanks for sharing.