Yet more charging problems

widget

Re: Yet more charging problems

Post by widget »

Will a lawn mower do?
teazer

Post by teazer »

Probably. I really don't like the stock Regulator and old rectifiers are a bit hit and miss. I have also used Oregon regulator on a recent bike and it worked will. I have also fitted ESR770/RR77 sold state type to several GTs with complete success so far.
widget

Post by widget »

Update....Fitted a new earth from lectric plate to battery on the wifes bike, The old one was a bit sad to say the least................so far so good....

Mine now has a new rotor and original rec/reg courtesy of Canalleto of this parish....And thanks to every one else that has contributed to this thread...

Hopefully they are both cured and I will never have another problem with either of them...... :lol:
widget

Post by widget »

got 1500 ish miles on them since start of June..including 550miles this weekend on 'another clubs' rally..not missed a beat...to say the missus is happy her bike is running ok is an understatement :mrgreen:
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Good to hear ! A happy missus is a ......... Hmm, no idea actually, never experienced that :lol: :lol:
widget

Post by widget »

Her bike is running well, nice and crisp.....bloody thing is quicker than mine, granted mine has a piper on it, and I know that will choke it a bit( I put up with that as I love the sound), but it is quick against bikes with 3 spannies on them.