a big void in me

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
salvatore

a big void in me

Post by salvatore »

Hello friends, I have to communicate my sad decision.
Yesterday I sold my beloved Suzuki Gt 380 L, painful decision and leaves a big void in me, the reason is because of my back, I can't sit in the saddle for a long time, get out and up, it's a huge sacrifice. I want to thank all of you for the help and welcome you have given and shown me, you are fantastic people and true friends, I will not forget any of you, I remain registered on the forum, I would like if you allow me to read these pages of authentic history and passion for Suzuki.
Thank you very much, I love you.
Greetings of affection. Savior
rodent

Re: a big void in me

Post by rodent »

It genuinely saddened me to read your post above :( I wish you the best with your health and future endeavors.
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Hi Salvatore. Sorry to hear your sad news. You achieved a very good restoration of your GT380. Well done! Keep in touch with the forum.
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
zapo

Post by zapo »

Sorry to hear your bad news.
I think that many of us dread the day when riding becomes more pain than pleasure.
Last edited by zapo on Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I had two stroke's and survived.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Hi Salvatore, it's always sad to see a loved bike go and I'm dreading the day when I have to part with my GT750, after having owned it for 37 years, but could you not have kept your GT380 in your garage to simply look at and start occasionally? :D
I've just part exchanged my GSX1100 a week ago, after deciding that it's too big, heavy and powerful and despite having only owned it for 5 years I was still reluctant to let it go. :(
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Hi Salvatore,
Bad news about the 380, but good news for the person who buys it.
Hopefully you'll keep on with motorcycles, even if it's only reading about them.
Good luck for the future and you'll always be welcome on the forum.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
salvatore

Post by salvatore »

Friends, I read you and my eyes are wet, it is very sad, but I could not keep it there, look and wish, my only splendid emotion of not sadness, was the esteem and happiness of the new owner, with so much kindness he caressed me because he understood my sadness.
I was looking for that bike, as a boy, I dreamed of it I wanted that model that color and that it had belonged to a single owner, so it happened, I loved it immediately and took care of it, I managed through your posts my requests for help, the your kind participation in helping me, having a perfect bike, was chosen by the new owner among many others for sale.
Excuse my emotion, I will always be among you and I thank you for the solidarity you have, you are a group of real and beautiful people, to get to know in person to tell each other and get excited for the same Suzuki passion. Thanks for everything.
2strokejohnny

Post by 2strokejohnny »

i've just opened my 2nd box of tissues ,John
Attachments
sd.jpeg
sd.jpeg (12.03 KiB) Viewed 443 times
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

All the best mate,sorry for your health problems & your very sad news of parting with the GT380,
I have friends here in Australia who have bought modern larger motor scooters,very comfortable seating position & good weather protection,perhaps you could try one & see how you feel maybe more comfortable :idea: ;) :?:
All the best my friend,

Roger
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

A friend of mine had a big BMW tourer which he used to travel two up to Portugal from the UK for holidays and he said he didn't find it the most comfortable of rides.
Someone suggested he try a Suzuki Burgman scooter and after a test ride he bought the 650 version and started using it for his Portugal trips. He and his wife both said they preferred it to the BMW for comfort and with the extra storage space and the fact that it would cruise all day at 80mph, he couldn't praise it highly enough.
Food for thought Salvatore :?: 8-)
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".