suzuki gt380

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
MALLY54007

suzuki gt380

Post by MALLY54007 »

Hi everyone i am new to the clinic and am on restoring a 1972 Suzuki GT380 ,i was told about the clinic from someone i bought some refurbed coils from off Ebay .So the question is does anyone know where i can get my wheels rebuilt ,either if i buy the rims and spokes or if they can supply and rebuild ,any help would be appreciated as i am new to this rebuild game Thanks Malcolm
mizzytheman

Re: suzuki gt380

Post by mizzytheman »

Hi Malcolm,

Welcome to the forum. Where are you based as there may be someone close to you who can offer this service.

Regards

Martin
RobMc

Post by RobMc »

Hi Malcolm,
Just being nosey,is it a J or K model?
Rob.
stupot

Post by stupot »

you could save a fortune by rebuilding them yourself. look on you tube for tutorials on wheel building . you dont need special equipment , I used a black and decker workmate and a steel rule.
Ive never done it before but was happy with results.
I got my spokes nickle plated for 20 quid with some other bits. and my rear rim was re used I bought a new front rim which was second hand NOS cheap.
Last time i had a pair done was by Paul Jackson Rishworth huddersfield not sure if hes still doing it as he was elderly then and he was talking of retiring.
everyones a winner
MALLY54007

Post by MALLY54007 »

Thanks for the replys in answers to the replys it's a 1972 a j I think and I am in the tyne and wear area and the rims and spokes are too far gone to refurb , but have seen new rim and spokes on ebay for £149 so if I cannot find someone to supply and build for around that may give it a go myself as suggested by someone thank you once again
Eastham

Post by Eastham »

This is the YouTube I watched to do mine and if I can do it, anyone can

https://youtu.be/ENrRl2FyNTw