Out on the old girl today

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
Frankibaby7

Out on the old girl today

Post by Frankibaby7 »

:tw got the old girl out today for a bit of a blast , she went well considering it hasn’t moved for months, I’m sure I smoked a few today :lol: :tw :oops:
Hope everyone is keeping well . :D
10032B37-8C26-4E22-8F03-208D82EDC842.jpeg
Frankibaby :lol:
Alan H

Re: Out on the old girl today

Post by Alan H »

I seem to recognise a few bits on there! :lol:
How's the twin disc installation compared to the original setup?
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Frankibaby7

Post by Frankibaby7 »

:D Hi Alan yes I’m sure you do , the twin disks setup is really good I was surprised how sharp it was , much better than single disk , I tried to put the vibration rubbers in but some fit most are lose so I’m going to have to silicon them in like you said , the bike was running well at half throttle,but stopping at lights the revs were staying high then coming down slow , it was really rough on idle and had too keep revs up to stop it from stalling , I think either my air screws need to come out a turn or , my petrol cap vents are still blocked , but pulling through the gears it was excellent, just crappy idle any ideas mr orical ha ha cheers Alan :D :roll: :D :lol:
8344733A-479E-4A1B-B523-7F1026270765.jpeg
Frankibaby7

Post by Frankibaby7 »

:tw How can you clean that out anyway, I put a needle in the end but If the airway is that complete circle I’m stuffed ha ha :D :roll: :oops: :oops: 8-)
itsnotateapot

Post by itsnotateapot »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silicone-Rub ... SwqCZfLSDZ
Frank buy this stuff in the length and diameter that you want then just cut to fit tight. Simples 8-)

PS for cutting use a sharp blade and water as a cutting lubricant.
SUZUKI GT750 L 8-)
SUZUKI T500 M 8-)
SUZUKI GT185 K 8-)
Suzuki T500 Cobra 8-) 8-)
Suzuki GTS 500 Hybrid.
Suzuki RG250.
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Frankibaby7 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:46 am :D Hi Alan yes I’m sure you do , the twin disks setup is really good I was surprised how sharp it was , much better than single disk , I tried to put the vibration rubbers in but some fit most are lose so I’m going to have to silicon them in like you said , the bike was running well at half throttle,but stopping at lights the revs were staying high then coming down slow , it was really rough on idle and had too keep revs up to stop it from stalling , I think either my air screws need to come out a turn or , my petrol cap vents are still blocked , but pulling through the gears it was excellent, just crappy idle any ideas mr orical ha ha cheers Alan :D :roll: :D :lol: 8344733A-479E-4A1B-B523-7F1026270765.jpeg
Soak them in white spirit for a few days. They will swell to the correct size. Kev
Frankibaby7

Post by Frankibaby7 »

:D thanks guys :roll: you lot are so clever, :D I’ll try that fellas thanks . :D :lol:
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Frankibaby7 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:49 am :tw How can you clean that out anyway, I put a needle in the end but If the airway is that complete circle I’m stuffed ha ha :D :roll: :oops: :oops: 8-)
You can remove the centre section quite easily to clean it. It is only held in by sprung claws under the gasket. Kev
Frankibaby7

Post by Frankibaby7 »

:D ok Kev thanks mate :D