Headlamp

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
Dav57

Headlamp

Post by Dav57 »

Hi Guys
I'm in the process now of rebuilding my GT550B after getting cylinders rebored,parts re-chromed,new seat made and various other parts purchased :) i noticed the headlamp reflector material is corroded in areas,does anyone know do i need to buy a special lamp unit or is there a standard lamp unit i can fit in its place.
Thanks Dave
Alan H

Re: Headlamp

Post by Alan H »

Ebay number 163939965391. I've one on the Hippo and one on the GS - a mate has just fitted one to his Z650 too. The white halo can be used as a running light.
Of course if you want the original look, just get a headlamp that fits a Land Rover Defender or older Mini/Sprite etc. Lots about.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Dav57

Post by Dav57 »

Ok thanks Alan :)
asco58

Post by asco58 »

Hi, If your going for the original look then you could try searching for a Koito headlamp unit of the same size off a different bike. Different Japanese manufacturers frequently use the same or very similar parts as eachother from external companies like Koito so one of those could fit.

If you have the H4 bulb unit, reflector bowls in general can be re-plated but I don't know how the glass is attached to the metal bowl or how difficult it would be to remove it or how much it would cost. It could be worth investigating if somebody will do that if you want to keep your bike standard/original. Ash
Dav57

Post by Dav57 »

ok thanks i'll have to have a think about it :)
Dav57

Post by Dav57 »

Hi Alan
I decided to fit the the headlamp for the old mini,i ordered it and have fitted it.
Thanks
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

You can always fit a superbright bulb from halfords if you've got the H4 type.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated