GT250C -LH oil line not passing oil

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
Bluehagon

GT250C -LH oil line not passing oil

Post by Bluehagon »

During the rebuild of my bike I replaced the existing check valves with the Kawasaki equivalents and all seemed well.

However, I have noticed that after going out on a ride the LH oil line feeding the crank did not seem to be passing any oil.

I took off the whole LH oil line and pushed some green 2T oil through it with a syringe. The oil came out of both check valves ok.

After reinstalling the pipes and running the bike the oil in the far LH line did not change colour to the red oil in the tank but the carb feed line did.

Thinking the check valve on the far LH line was faulty some how I managed to buy a NOS pipe from EBay.

After priming it with the green oil I got the same result of the far LH pipe not passing the red tank oil?

I’ve disconnected that check valve from the crankcase but did I not get any oil passing down the line even after holding the pump wide open.

I was getting suction from the crankcase connection point after putting my finger over it so I am confused as to what the problem is and more importantly the solution.
teazer

Re: GT250C -LH oil line not passing oil

Post by teazer »

try spinning the oil pump with the check valves in free air and see if it pumps down both sides. It's possible that there's a blockage in one of the pump ports.

Or disconnect the oil pipes from the pump and fire up the motor for a couple of seconds and see if the pump pushes oil out of both sides.
Bluehagon

Post by Bluehagon »

The oil pump is working as it’s pushing oil down the first length of pipe up to the one to two splitter.

It’s at this point that the oil doesn’t pass through the LH pipe feeding the crank.

I’ll try disconnecting both check valves on the LH side of the crankcase and drive the pump with my battery drill in reverse.

Hopefully this will show if both check valves are opening at the same time.
teazer

Post by teazer »

They open at around 3-4 PSI as far as I know, so they should both open at close to the same time.

If the lines and pump are OK, the next place to look is at the check valves to be sure that oil isn't pushing back and going down the other side (if that's even possible). Then try forcing oil into the crankcases to be sure that one or other side isn't blocked.