The Yeti

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
Alan H

Re: The Yeti

Post by Alan H »

Thanks to all the complimenters - this one has really fought every inch of the way!
Last edited by Alan H on Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Alan H wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:28 pm Thanks to all the complimenters - this one has really faught fawt every inch of the way!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

And that as well!!
Frankibaby7

Post by Frankibaby7 »

:evil: grrrr Alan that’s my favourite colour , looks the nuts mate , wow you have been working hard lol :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :D :D : :oops: :oops: :oops: well done sir
Frankibaby :lol:
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Well, Mr. Cannaletto did a tank badge for the side that didn't have one, and both fitted nicely. Unfortunately the original metal one that I had has a deeper rebate behind the letters and I had to use extra tape to hold it on and it doesn't look right, so I still need a GT550 (early) tank badge which is a bit smaller than the early 750 ones at 170mm long, height 27mm, with pin centres 113mm. Anybody got one spare? Drinking vouchers waiting.

I've ordered some decals just in case........

The rear brake switch doesn't go under the side panel properly, so I've ordered a shorter switch to replace it and then the left mirror wouldn't tighten up - because the thread in the ally post was stripped. I have another post, but wrong thread, so redid that and now the black paint needs polishing off to make it match t'other side.
The front brake isn't very good at the mo', hopefully it'll wear in, but the wheel might need to come out and roughen the shoes a bit.

Just no chuffin' end to it is there?
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Good job you're retired Alan! It is all worth it looking at those photo's :D
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
wents75

Post by wents75 »

Bang tidy!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Well, fitted a new back brake switch and non standard bracket, so the rivet counters will have summat else to moan about, but at least the brake light works with both brakes now.
I went out on the bike a few days ago, but it had a bad misfire, so came back home and went out on the Earwig instead, so I decided to sort the misfire out yesterday.
It appeared to be the left pot, so I swapped the condenser and.....no difference.
OK then, change the points, even though they were (supposedly) new ones 12 miles ago.
When I took them off the newish points plate and carefully examined the faces, it appeared that they had some slight pitting and (not seen this before) a cross cut in every point face. Not oem then.
Now there are several different types and styles of points but fortunately, I had a set that fit, so installed those and set them to the marks. Checked several times, and hit the button. Fired up ok and after a few seconds, dropped to a steady tickover while I got hat & gloves on. Ran much better and did a couple of miles without issue - at least up to just over 4000rpm, so hopefully that's sorted. Not convinced the HID headlight looks 'right', so I think that might be swapped with the Earwig headlight with a led bulb in.
Hopefully it's a decent forecast for thursday, so might get a few miles on the bike after the full engine rebuild/rebore and it starts to loosen up a bit before the weather gets too cold.
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Nearly there Alan....you must be looking for your next project :lol:
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Hopefully in Madeira next year. The island, not the drink!!