The Yeti

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
mizzytheman

Re: The Yeti

Post by mizzytheman »

Alan H wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:08 pm Hopefully in Madeira next year. The island, not the drink!!
Has anyone pre-warned the islanders.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

2nd home there bud. They take us from the airport to the hotel in a limo at a special discounted price.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Alan H wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:59 pm 2nd home there bud. They take us from the airport to the hotel in a limo at a special discounted price.
Only because they don’t want you walking the streets. How long are you going for?
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

10 days hopefully. Mid April. - Unless a good deal appears sooner!! :lol:
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Alan H wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:55 pm 10 days hopefully. Mid April. - Unless a good deal appears sooner!! :lol:
That’s five months away. No doubt you going for the diving. The last time I was there I stayed at the Carlton in Funchal. The Navy seals were there doing some deep sea training.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Holiday with Lynn, so no scuba.
Hope to get to Gozo in May for that.

Just like Madeira for chill - and plants - loads of stuff already fetched back quite legally, although this situation might change after Brexit.
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Alan H wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:56 pm I'll do a full 'report' later this week, when hopefully it will be compete - if I can find the bloody tank badges.....
They are in a safe place. A VERY safe place. I think. :roll:
I'll also do a few pics showing some of the non-standard bits. :lol: :twisted:
Although if you look carefully, you can see 5 at least.
And I know there's no decals on.
Nearly 1.jpg
Nearly 2.jpg
Nearly 3.jpg
Nearly 4.jpg
GT750A
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Very nice that Alan, well done pal
GT750A
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

As noted elsewhere, the J is still acting the teddy. New points fitted and ran OK around the estate so went out for a run yesterday. After about 10 miles the misfire started again so I'll change the condensers when I get back in the garage.
Other than that, ran well. The 4LS front brake is bedding in well, handling is fine on the Dunlop Streetsmarts, and coming back it was getting dark so tried out the HID headlight - Jeez it's bright!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Long time since an update, and progress has progressed very slowly......
Didn't get in the garage much for ages due to it being too bloody cold, then stripping the units out of the utility room and replacing them with units stripped from the kitchen, after a complete strip & refurb of floor walls and... everything else really, then the rest of the kitchen units going in the garage - after getting all the bikes out several times and knocking 7 bells out of half of the garage to get everything in. New kitchen installed in the real kitchen, bought the gs and got it sorted (ish!)
Still lots of crap irreplaceable spares to sort though.
Anyway, Yeti - changed plugs, points and condensers and seemed to run ok, but weather crap so only ran short distances.
Eventually ran it 'further' and the misfire returned - not as bad, but......
Managed a good 50 mile day last week and the misfire got worse by the time I got home, but it ticked over lovely! Over about 2500rpm the miss got worse. Went through the timing again and re rechanged the points, condenser and plug on the right pot. No different. Looks like I'll have to swap the coil set from Earwig as I let Baz have all my coils. Shirley it can't be carbs as it starts on 3 and runs so well. All the bloody plugs can't be dud. Tried swapping L,C,R several times and it's the right one that's naughty, so it's gotter be electrical.
Doncher just love old bikes? Grrrrrr!!!!

Oh, the centre stand seems fed up - anyone got a GT550 one they want to flog?