New Old Member

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
burgs

New Old Member

Post by burgs »

Hi New Old member, somewhere from 2012, anyhow must have been ignorant and not introduced myself, sorry for that :oops:
I have three Suzuki's, two 1974 L model GT750s one early one late 1974 that is very original just waiting for restoration, tank and side covers are painted engine needs rebuild seals and bearings are shot, the crank is being rebuilt and balanced.
The third is a TR250 vintage 1966/67 to, not sure as history was not to well kept?
I have a mixed lot after that, 1955 Manx Norton (owned since 1971), 1963 Norton 650SS, and a 1972 Commando Combat that has been converted from an Interstate to a Fast back.
Then three Triumph projects, 1951 TR5, 1969 Daytona and a 1975 T150 engine that I am fitting into a 1981 Bonneville frame.
Got to live a lot longer yet to finish the projects, but the GT750 is my favorite that I do a lot of two and 3 day rally's and overnight rides as well as 3 day rides, next year a 5 day ride is planned as well, and the Gt750 will be the go too bike those rides.
Burgs
Alan H

Re: New Old Member

Post by Alan H »

Nice 'stable'. Keeping up with spares must be a bit of a nightmare!!
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
burgs

Re: New Old Member

Post by burgs »

Yeah but only can ride one at a time, so not too many spares needed, the GT750 gets the bulk of the rides so, tyres are the biggest cost.
2021 should be interesting as we have planned a 5 day ride, 3 day and a 2 day, and annual Bathurst 7 days of riding along with our normal classic bike rallies usually 2 or 3 day ride of a couple hundred miles and normal non club riding.
The GT750 will see about 90% of the wear and tear, especially the overnighters, mainly because I like riding it and it is reliable, 12,000 miles and has never let me down touch wood.

Regards
Burgs