1968 TC200 Stingray

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
Alan H

1968 TC200 Stingray

Post by Alan H »

No-one noticed/commented on the picture of this picture of the TC200 on page three of this thread - http://www.kettleclinic.co.uk/kcforum/v ... 9&start=20 - so I'll put a bit more detail now.
I liked the T200 so much that I started to imagine that it was lonely and a bit overwhelmed with all the cylinders around it and needed company of it's own sort, so I bought the TC200 today.
Lovely thing innit?
IMG_20190107_124845801.jpg
IMG_20190107_124912036.jpg
IMG_20190107_124858539.jpg
Doesn't appear to need any work doing and runs very nicely.
Not enough room in my garage at the mo' as the GSX1400 didn't sell, so currently it resides elsewhere locally.
Hope you all feel sorry for the wallet moths as they are currently very hungry.
I really need to sell some bikes and 550 stuff to make them happy! :lol:
Last edited by Alan H on Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
PaulD738

Re: 1967 TS200 Invader

Post by PaulD738 »

I did notice the "street scrambler" Alan but I didn't think it was yours :o Very nice though, they are a pretty little thing ain't they?
I'm surprised you didn't ask me to look after yer GSX14? It would have felt very happy alongside my Kat instead of all those smelly stinkwheels :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
teebowbusablaster

Post by teebowbusablaster »

Now, as that already has the indicators fitted, what does the LH switchgear look like ?
teebowbusablaster

Post by teebowbusablaster »

"TPB" are also my initials...…….so when you come to sell it, let me know.
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

:tw Hi Alan,I thought you'd weaken & buy another :o
Suzuki TC200 Stingray as they are known as in the US.
Very pretty machine,
I don't think we ever had them here in Australia ,we had the TC250,I can't remember what it was called.
Enjoy your "new" Twins :arrow: :idea:
Last edited by Roger Ackery on Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

Alan,do both bikes have the speedo/ tacho instruments in the headlight shell,or just a speedo ?
I've seen pictures of just a speedo fitted in the past :idea:
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

The TC does and the T didn't but now does.
The original clock on the T200 only was a speedo, but has a combined unit now. Terry fitted that, but unfortunately the cable was a bit too long and the inner didn't like the playlist so broke. I've been searching for a new one and should be available locally as soon as I can get to the shop.
Can't wait to get the TC home, just need somewhere to put it! The GSX1400 will have to go. Looks like this weeks will be a smartening up week as the exhaust will be coming off for a polish, and that's just for starters. Hopefully it will be sold soon - sad, as I do like the bike, but I do prefer the two strokes.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Managed to get out on the TC200 today. Only done 20 odd miles as a break in (for me as well as the bike!) and it's a little flyer.

Topped the tank off and it hasn't gone down much despite not hanging about....

It's a long time since I rode a smaller bike and I'd forgotten how much fun they are - except on a bumpy road - and I certainly have to keep a better eye out for road conditions than when I'm on one of the triples.

Hopefully I'll get out on the T200 tomorrow so I can do a comparison.
Alan H

Re: 1967 TC200 Stingray

Post by Alan H »

There's been a little oil leak on the TC that I finally managed to track down. Only a spot or so a day, and coming off the centre stand when parked overnight on the side stand. Well, yesterday's job was to sort it and I noticed the oil pipe from the tank had been cut and 'repaired' with a bit of clear fuel pipe and the joint was just weeping a tiny bit. Well hidden behind the right exhaust but that wasn't too bad (or heavy) to remove. I drained the tank and took the fitting off, fitted a new O ring inside and then changed the fuel pipe which had gone brittle, for some new, but with a couple of spring clips as well. Seemed ok when I got the bike out, but after a run to Leverton, it appears to be leaking again, but worse. Bugger!!
Of course I can't tell exactly where it's coming from yet as the exhaust pipe is in the way, so that's a job for tomorrow. No chuffin' end to it is there? :|
PaulD738

Re: 1967 TC200 Stingray

Post by PaulD738 »

By eck Alan your bloody good :roll:
You fixed it by making it worse :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!