Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
Rich100

Post by Rich100 »

Hi All,
New to the forum been reading bits and bobs on here and decided to join as i like what i’m Reading and you all seem extremely helpful and knowledgable.
I’ve been riding bikes on and off since i was 16 and i’m Now 57 so quite a while. Started like most guys back in the 70’s with a FS1E then had multiple RD’s passed my test on a GT250 then had my GT550 at 17 and never looked back.
Since then started a family, had kids drove cars but never forgot the bikes, had quite a few modern sports bikes but always wanted the 70’s buzz again. I now have a Z650 and have have just bought another GT550 and had to sell my RD400 as didn’t have the room for 3 bikes.
I’m up in South Yorkshire, Donny to be precise great roads up here and a great classic bike scene so all is rosie.
I’ve not been on many forums so please excuse my posts until i get used to it, i will try and put some photos of my 550 you may recognise it as it used to belong to a guy called Eamon who belonged to this forum.
Look forward to getting to know you all and hope you won’t get sick of me asking loads of silly questions.

Cheers Rich.
7B92B331-46EE-4AEC-8461-EDD1CAC7BDFD.jpeg
A5AFFE1A-CE9B-4EF0-97F1-264C718B9569.jpeg
Suzuki GT550 M 1974
Kawasaki Z650 1980 F1
mizzytheman

Re: Newbie

Post by mizzytheman »

Hi Rich,

Welcome to the forum and ask all the silly questions you want. Quite a number of guys on here with loads of knowledge on the 550’s.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Welcome to the asylum Rich. Nice to see another Yorkie here - especially one with a 550!
I'm in Wombwell near Barnsley, so not too far away if you need advice or 'stuff', hopefully Squires will still be open when we get back on the bikes.
There's a load of foreigners from Liverpool, Cheesy Cheshire, Lincolnshire and darn sarf, but we put up with them - just be careful!! :shock:
I'm just on with a 550J resto and a 550A rebuild - hopefully both on the road ready for when the coronajobby goes away.
There's a couple of others 'local' in Donny and Selby area with 550s, and again more local to me with Kettles, T500s and other Suzy 2 strokes.
The only daft question is the one you don't ask.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

Welcome, Rich this used to be a Kettle forum before a Yorkshire man took over. you ok Alan
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Welcome to the forum Rich and the growing 550 fanbase. Nice intro. Any help or advice just shout up :D
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Hi Rich, welcome to the forum from someone else not too far from you in GRIMsby, at least it is right now with the world in lockdown.
No Lincolnshire bike nights, no South Leverton, no Cadwell Park, no Barton bike night and no Clinic rally in June :cry: still could be worse and hopefully it'll all be over soon, so maybe we'll see you later in the year if we re-schedule the rally.
Just a word of warning, watch out for that Alan H from West Yorkshire, he's so mean he gives tight Yorkshiremen a bad name. :lol: ;)
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Rich100

Post by Rich100 »

Thanks guys,
Not been out since this covid 19 mess can’t wait to give the old girl a good test ride.
Love the forum loads of great advice and banter.
I try to get down to leverton bike night when i can and willingham woods is pretty good and yes of coarse Barton is an awesome bike meet.
Thanks again for all your welcome messages.
Rich.
Suzuki GT550 M 1974
Kawasaki Z650 1980 F1
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

stevewharton wrote:watch out for that Alan H from West Yorkshire, he's so mean he gives tight Yorkshiremen a bad name. :lol: ;)
West Yorkshire? Wow, there must be two of us. Aren't you a lucky chap Steve. Twice the aggro or the same price. Now who's the tightarsewad. :lol:
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote:
stevewharton wrote:watch out for that Alan H from West Yorkshire, he's so mean he gives tight Yorkshiremen a bad name. :lol: ;)
West Yorkshire? Wow, there must be two of us. Aren't you a lucky chap Steve. Twice the aggro or the same price. Now who's the tightarsewad. :lol:
Heaven forbid there's two like you, :o one's more than enough, and I know you're from south yorkieland, I just like winding you up and it works everytime, hook, line and sinker ;)
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

See what I told you Rich?
That's Stimbo, the Dimbo Crimbo from Grimbo. Otherwise known as the missing Linc. :roll: