Out and about

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
PaulD738

Out and about

Post by PaulD738 »

Nice afternoon here so I’ve been out on Dobbin again Another 40mile clocked up round the country lanes and the bike seems to be settling down nicely. Only slight problem is the indicators seem a bit hit & miss which may be an earth problem. I’ve tweaked the carbs a little bit, adjusted the tickover to a steady 1100rpm and cleaned up the pick up from closed throttle by closing the air screw 1/4 turn.
60mph is a tad over 3000 rpm and very smooth. Revving to 4000 it gets a bit vibey through the footrests but nothing too uncomfortable. Just waiting for the fuel cap seal to turn up now and she’s finished! five years work repaid in spades 8-)
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Re: Out and about

Post by Alan H »

Paul. Just a bit of advice for you.

Indicators ARE hit & miss, that's why they call them 'flashers'....... :roll:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Alan H wrote:Paul. Just a bit of advice for you.

Indicators ARE hit & miss, that's why they call them 'flashers'....... :roll:
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Helpful to the last, thanks bud :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!

yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Paul,
That must feel very special to be at last whirring along on a steed you’ve fettled back to life!
One glaring gap though: no pictures. As my kids tell me, no pics, didn’t happen.
Cheers,
Mike
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

yeadon_m wrote:Paul,
That must feel very special to be at last whirring along on a steed you’ve fettled back to life!
One glaring gap though: no pictures. As my kids tell me, no pics, didn’t happen.
Cheers,
Mike
Good point Mike, I’m going for a bimble later on today so I’ll get a few pics and post them 8-)

PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Another few miles on the bike again today in the sunshine. The gearchange went a bit crunchy on the way home which turned out to be the chain stretching a bit, all fine now it’s adjusted up.
Attachments
FE6A5537-B7E4-4659-B340-49EF5F785100.jpeg

barney01

Post by barney01 »

What a cracker Paul. Looks fantastic in the sunshine! I went to Betws-y-Coed on mine this afternoon. There must have been 50 bikes and thousands of tourists.
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Paul - she’s a beaut, good work! Mike
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Thanks Mike, been out again this afternoon through Delamere forest and out into the countryside. At one point I could see four modern bikes following me, as I was just pootling along about 55-60 I thought they would have come hareing past but they stayed behind for about five miles. I stopped at a set of lights and two pulled up either side and admired the bike and gave me some nice compliments. Made my day.

stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

That bike's a stunner Paul, would I swap my kettle for it? No never, but I'd definitely let it share FAB's garage. :D
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".