Lincolnshire ride out.

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
stevewharton

Lincolnshire ride out.

Post by stevewharton »

That's FAB cleaned and polished within an inch of its life and now out for a ride in the very rare sunshine. 8-)
Going for a ride along the Lincolnshire coast to Mablethorpe and then back to the Cleethorpes Double Decker Bus Cafe, re-creating a couple of the ride outs we had recently on the clinic rally, happy days. :D
Attachments
20200820_112750.jpg
20200820_112817.jpg
20200820_112831.jpg
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Rhencullen

Re: Lincolnshire ride out.

Post by Rhencullen »

There's a bikenight at Waterfront Inn West Stockwith tonight Steve. It's been running for a few years now and does good food - also in a scenic location opposite the Marina.
I'll be going on my Kettle.
1977 Suzuki GT750B - 2003 Honda CB1300 - 1979 Honda CBX1000
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Been there before a few times Martin and it is a good ride out, but I've arranged to meet a mate at Mablethorpe, mebbe next time.
Cheers Steve. :D
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Enjoyed that ride today and the kettle ran like a sewing machine. :D Had a good chat (more of a listen really :roll: ) with a Yorkie guy on holiday at Cleethorpes, said he was from a place called Wombwell :?: :?: :?:
I was sure I'd heard of that place before but couldn't put my finger on it. ;) But then when he didn't stop talking for half an hour, :shock: I remembered. :roll:
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

stevewharton wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:14 pm Enjoyed that ride today and the kettle ran like a sewing machine.
Did it give you the needle or just get stitch? Hopefully it wasn't a singer, 'cos if it sang like you, it would have been like a frog farting up a drainpipe..... :shock:
Had a good chat (more of a listen really :roll: ) with a Yorkie guy on holiday at Cleethorpes, said he was from a place called Wombwell :?: :?: :?:
I was sure I'd heard of that place before but couldn't put my finger on it. ;) But then when he didn't stop talking for half an hour, :shock: I remembered. :roll:
Hope he charged you a suitable fee for the knowledge I told him to pass on. :geek:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

I knew he reminded me of someone. :shock: :? :roll:
Rhencullen

Post by Rhencullen »

stevewharton wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:46 pm Been there before a few times Martin and it is a good ride out
Busiest that I've seen it at West Stockwith. Lovely chicken curry & chips and a good variety of bikes.

1977 Suzuki GT750B - 2003 Honda CB1300 - 1979 Honda CBX1000
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

If you're as bored as I am with the current lockdown cancellations, of shows and biking events in general, here's a little competition for you to pass some time.
Take a look at the photo's of my kettle at the first post in this thread and see how many parts/improvements you can spot that are non standard. At a quick glance I've seen at least 18 "changes" that would really upset the purists.
Shame there isn't a pic' of the nearside, where there's a few more. So come on you "anoraks," start looking. ;)
And Alan, there's no need to disrespect the obvious. :roll:
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Too shiny, oddball paintwork, wrong calipers, oil tank only part full, back tyre needs pumping up to carry all that whale blubber........
(Whale meet again, don't know where, don't know when' /vera lynn voice!) :lol:
Last edited by Alan H on Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Harrymail

Post by Harrymail »

Illegal number plate :lol:
Currently without a GT, but looking
2003 Yamaha Fazer 600 Blue
2020 Triumph Street Twin Red
1968 BSA Bantam Sports Red