Gentlemen Hi

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
atkinsok

Gentlemen Hi

Post by atkinsok »

Good day gentlemen, first day with the forum and as a first post, I thought I would introduce myself. I will follow this post with a request for help

Name is Ken and I live in the UK (East Yorkshire). Retired 10 years ago from a major international oil company where I worked on the rigs offshore. I have three bikes, two classics and a new one:-

A fully restored and beautiful candy lavender Suzuki T500 K, Just finished the rebuild and spent the first day out on it today
A fully restored Triumph T150V (1972) Restored five years ago, used regularly and looking a bit worn at the moment
A new Honda CBR650R - an absolute cracking machine and my forever bike .
astrax

Re: Gentlemen Hi

Post by astrax »

atkinsok wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:20 pm Good day gentlemen, first day with the forum and as a first post, I thought I would introduce myself. I will follow this post with a request for help

Name is Ken and I live in the UK (East Yorkshire). Retired 10 years ago from a major international oil company where I worked on the rigs offshore. I have three bikes, two classics and a new one:-

A fully restored and beautiful candy lavender Suzuki T500 K, Just finished the rebuild and spent the first day out on it today
A fully restored Triumph T150V (1972) Restored five years ago, used regularly and looking a bit worn at the moment
A new Honda CBR650R - an absolute cracking machine and my forever bike .
Welcome to the forum Ken
Do like the old Triumphs, close to buying a couple on my last trip to the US
My daily bike is a 2018 Triumph T120, apparently mine is not a real Triumph, it's plastic, as my mate would say to any who stops to look at it.

When you get 5 mins, have to post some piccies

Ian.
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Welcome Ken. A few T500 owners on here so you should be in good company. Kev
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Welcome to another Yorkie, Ken.
Hope that T500 settles down - we went through some 'bits' elsewhere!!
Several 500s on here - watch out for that dodgy Paul from Cheshire though... ;)
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Mr Bonehead

Post by Mr Bonehead »

Bonjour from France Ken
They're a very helpful bunch on here,a good selection of minds that between them can cure any problem bike related
Cheers Mr B
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Hi Ken, welcome to the madhouse. Great forum you’ve chosen lots of knowledgable peeps and a fair few nutters on here. The head nutter in chief AlanH has already stuck his oar in :lol: Nice selection of bikes you’ve got and it’s good to have another discerning T500 owner here. Enjoy the forum and ask away, ps as already mentioned we do like pics 8-)
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Harrymail

Post by Harrymail »

Hi Ken

Welcome to the forum. I live in East Yorkshire too. So I must be fairly near you. I'm near Hull myself.

Cheers

Paul
Currently without a GT, but looking
2003 Yamaha Fazer 600 Blue
2020 Triumph Street Twin Red
1968 BSA Bantam Sports Red
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

[quote=PaulD738.The head nutter in chief AlanH has already stuck his oar in :lol:

So that's Alan and Paul accounted for ;)

Are there anymore nutters on here???????? :lol:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
slosher

Post by slosher »

Welcome Ken nice bike collection be nice to see some pics bet the T150v sounds nice ;)

Cheers Dave
GT750L
GT550L
TL1000 97s
T140V
Loctite Trained Engineer :lol:(since having the Bonnie)
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

stevewharton wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:24 pm The head nutter in chief AlanH has already stuck his oar in :lol:

So that's Alan and Paul accounted for ;)

Are there anymore nutters on here???????? :lol:
Well, I actually invited Ken from another forum as he is another nice Yorky chap and will be able to help keep all the ruffians - especially anyone from Grimbo - in check.
So that'll be a yes, Steve. Thee.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated