Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
barney01

Re: New Member

Post by barney01 »

Frankibaby7 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:35 pm :tw Ok guys where’s the rally , I hope not a million miles away from me I don’t want to wear out me piston rings ha ha , would like to go to one , will it be allowed with this COVID crap about , or will our GTS be socially distanced :P :oops: :D :D :o :o :lol:
Its in

Betws-y-Coed Wales
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12864&p=101950&hilit=Rally#p101950
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
Frankibaby7

Post by Frankibaby7 »

:D ok Barney cheers mate :lol:
Frankibaby :lol:
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

And you'll be made very welcome despite bein' a Suv'n Softy..... :lol:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Frankibaby7

Post by Frankibaby7 »

:roll: Ha ha thanks Alan , I’ll bring my own tea bags though lol (that’s not unusual) thanks Tom Jones lol
:D :D :lol:
Frankibaby :lol:
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Welcome to the forum Dave and loads of help & experience on here for all the 2 strokes.

It would be great to see you new members on the Rally later this year Covid permitted of course, its a great venue we have done before and sounds like it's going to be well attended this year.

Jeff
GT750A
KETTLE BOY

Post by KETTLE BOY »

Welcome to the club dave.. lots to see on here.. post any photos you have...kb
GT750 J 1972
GT750 L 1974
Z900 A4 1976
ZZR1100. 1998
Breville Sandwich Maker
I'm never wrong.. Once I thought I was, but I was mistaken.

BAZ

Post by BAZ »

Welcome to the Forum Dude hope we can help you..
Dav57

Post by Dav57 »

The 4 things i wanted chroming was rear mudguard,rear light bracket,headlamp shell and bezel.after sending pics of them i was quoted from 3 companies £666.00,£495.00 and From Chromefix £250.00 so i sent them off today.Cant believe the difference in prices :o :o
Once i can work out how to insert a pic i'll put some on :)
Bettws y Coed is about three quarters an hour away from me and a very nice place when the sun is out :D :D would be nice to meet up with fellow members if we can manage to get back to some normality sometime this year :roll:
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

That's a cracking price from Chromefix. They did a good job for me on the 380 stuff I sent them.
Dav57

Post by Dav57 »

Yeh i think so too and should get them back in 4 weeks,not in a hurry as i'm getting a new seat made by P&K Classic Bikes and their busy and could take up to 6 weeks also the barrels on the bike had been painted black and not been well done so i took them off to get them bead blasted but before taking them off i compression tested them and they were 100,95 and 100,when i took them off one barrel and piston had a slight score so spoke to Firefox facing and as the bike is 1976B with Nikasil barrels but when they got them they said they were steel lined even though the barrels are from that year as the crankcase fixing bolts are higher at the back than the front or so i read so they are going to rebore them and supply new pistons.Once you start the wallet just starts to empty :D :D :D