Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
Dav57

Post by Dav57 »

Hi!my name is Dave and i live in Anglesey in North Wales.In early 1975 i got my first bike which was a Honda 125 which i quickly moved on to a Suzuki 250 Hustler then moved to a Honda 750 K2,in late 1976 i bought a Suzuki GT750 A for £900 with 800 miles on the clock,if only i could have seen into the future and kept it but when your young finances didn't allow it :) In 1979 i bought a brand new GS100E which was £2000 at the time and kept it till the mid 80's when i got divorced and sold the bike :( It was always on my mind to hopefully get another bike.In 2016 i bought a 1978 Suzuki GS550 needed a lot of work so i took it totally apart and rebuilt it,cost me a lot more than its worth but didn't do it to sell.It was always in my mind to get hold of a 70's 2 stroke as the smell of them running is etched in my memory,is that a bit sad :D i think it was the days of going to the trans atlantic races in Oulton park with riders like Barry Sheene and Kenny Roberts competing :D Anyway to cut a long story short in October i bought a Suzuki GT550B which was in a good condition but still needed some things doing to it.
Its had the frame powder coated,the tank and side panels have been professionally painted and new wiring loom,some of the chrome needs re-chroming and can anyone recommend a good company that does it?
Looking at it the introduction looks more like a novel,sorry guys :D
Frankibaby7

Re: New Member

Post by Frankibaby7 »

:D welcome to the forum dave, sounds an interesting life so far 2strokes rule an that , glad to hear from someone from Tom Jones country for a change lol , have a great day enjoy the site :D :lol: :lol: :ugeek: :oops: :lol:
Frankibaby :lol:
Dav57

Post by Dav57 »

Thanks Frank :D
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Welcome in Dave - nice intro.
For chroming, I use Agbriggs in Leeds. Not sure if there's anywhere nearer to you.
Baz on here can get black chroming done - I've some on the headlamp ears on the 750B.
Another option, depending what you want to 'chrome' is ceramic coating at Cerakote in warrington.
I had a set of spannies done about 4 years ago and they still look good.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Dav57

Post by Dav57 »

Thanks Alan
As i live on Anglesey wherever i get them chromed its going to be far away :D
I've sent photos to 3 company's earlier today so i'll see what they come back with but one of them Chrome Restoration Services i sent a pick of the rear mudguard with some pitting marks on them and they quoted £165 plus vat plus postage :shock:!
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

I think a lot of chromers these days know they can hold you to ransom on your restorations and charge accordingly. :x

Chromefix in Birmingham have done a decent job for me in the past and they didn't charge stupid money. Worth a try
Dav57

Post by Dav57 »

chromefix is one of the companies that i've sent an email to for a quote so hopefully i'll hear something from them this week :)
Haggler

Post by Haggler »

Welcome Dave hope you stick around. Hopefully you'll be able to make the rally in Betwys coed (think that's how you spell it) later this year. You don't need to be on a kettle :D
slosher

Post by slosher »

Welcome Dave yes would be good to see you at the rally :) Any pics of the bike we like pics on here ;)

Cheers Dave
GT750L
GT550L
TL1000 97s
T140V
Loctite Trained Engineer :lol:(since having the Bonnie)
Frankibaby7

Post by Frankibaby7 »

:tw Ok guys where’s the rally , I hope not a million miles away from me I don’t want to wear out me piston rings ha ha , would like to go to one , will it be allowed with this COVID crap about , or will our GTS be socially distanced :P :oops: :D :D :o :o :lol:
Frankibaby :lol: