New Member !

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
Buggerluggsmax

New Member !

Post by Buggerluggsmax »

Hello everyone,
I've just joined the Clinic,
Trying to find out as much information as I can about the GT !
I'am shortly going to be the proud owner of a 1976 ( A ) in a few weeks time, ( shes on her way from the USA ) However my bike to be, has been resting for the last 15 years and she needs a lot of work to bring her back from the dead - But I believe that's part of the love of the bikes to bring them back from the dead !

Anyways she will need a full re-build, and I would welcome any info that anyone has to help me on this road, ( Engine re-build been a key point ) - Where anyone has got a engine re-build done or could anyone help with a rebuild, I live in Hessle, Nr Hull in East Yorkshire.

I re-built an RD250E around 40 years ago, nothing since ! and to give you an idea the last time i rode a bike was about 27 years ago !

Just trying to re-live my youth, with a Bike I've always loved !!

Many Thanks

Robin
Attachments
Bike GT 750.jpg
stevewharton

Re: New Member !

Post by stevewharton »

Hi BLM, congrat's on your purchase, you'll love it once you've got it up and running. :D
I bought my "A" in 1987 as a box of bits and it needed lots of attention before I got it back together and on the road and I still own it and ride it regularly, weather permitting of course.
I'm not too far from you in Grimsby and there are lots of other owners around you in Lincolnshire and Yorkshire, so if you get stuck just ask on here for help, advice, parts and moral support.
Good luck with the resto' mate and let's meet up when it's ready.
Cheers, Steve W.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Welcome to another Yorky, BLM, but what A model are you getting?
Suzuki made 25 models in 1976 and although this is kettle clinic, there are lots of other triples, twins and singles catered for on here. ;)
Plenty of very refined owners here in Yorkshire, so lots of 'nearby' help should you need it.
I guess your A is a 750? Best person to sort out your bike will be Baz, who does them for a living and has done several for others on this forum (including me). He also is good on general spares and does engine & carb resto/rebuilds if you can't/don't want to but decide to do the rest yourself.

Baz's details here (clicky link)
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

Welcome to the Forum Robin..
Harrymail

Post by Harrymail »

Welcome Robin. I'm very near you in Hedon, east of Hull. I've had my 550A for 15 years, a local bike originaly supplied by Peter's of Hull. In the last couple of years I have been through an engine rebuild, carbs etc. See the thread: Oh no GT550 engine doesn't sound good.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11248

Happy to help, and may be able to meet up when Covid allows.

Cheers, Paul.
Currently without a GT, but looking
2003 Yamaha Fazer 600 Blue
2020 Triumph Street Twin Red
1968 BSA Bantam Sports Red
Buggerluggsmax

Post by Buggerluggsmax »

Hi Paul,
Thanks for your message - it will be great to meet up when covid lifts, and have a chat and a coffee, will drop a line again soon :D

Robin