New member...ready for the Lincolnshire summer

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
stevewharton

Re: New member...ready for the Lincolnshire summer

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:23 am Welcome Neil.
Shame that Wednesday(s) is 'monster day' with the 14 month old granddaughter, or I'd have a run out there to see my best mate Steve.
Oh, and B Hippos are better, but 550s are best.
Everyone knows that the "B's" are just "A's" in fancy new attire and as they share that fancy new attire with the GS750, that makes them imposters. As for the 550 you're right, they are "best," for those that can't handle a proper mans bike, like the mighty "Kettle" ;)
And what's this "best mate" malarkey? What are you after??? :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Hmm, I thought everyone knew that the B had different gearing and final drive ratios from the A and a redesigned LH crankshaft. ;) :lol:
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

canaletto5 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:09 am Hmm, I thought everyone knew that the B had different gearing and final drive ratios from the A and a redesigned LH crankshaft. ;) :lol:
Well and those minor details too :roll:

Stop nitpicking :ugeek:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Wozzap

Post by Wozzap »

Me too, couple of miles from North Hykeham and have a B.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Wozzap wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:46 am Me too, couple of miles from North Hykeham and have a B.
Hi Wozzap, only joking about the "B" I just like winding certain people up, ;) as far as I'm concerned all kettles are ace.
The weathers looking a bit changeable, but if it stays okayish hows about Willingham at teatime for a kettle gathering? :D
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

stevewharton wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:43 am
canaletto5 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:09 am Hmm, I thought everyone knew that the B had different gearing and final drive ratios from the A and a redesigned LH crankshaft. ;) :lol:
Well and those minor details too :roll:

Stop nitpicking :ugeek:
Only codding Steve!
Wozzap

Post by Wozzap »

stevewharton wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:57 am
Wozzap wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:46 am Me too, couple of miles from North Hykeham and have a B.
Hi Wozzap, only joking about the "B" I just like winding certain people up, ;) as far as I'm concerned all kettles are ace.
The weathers looking a bit changeable, but if it stays okayish hows about Willingham at teatime for a kettle gathering? :D
Sorry can’t do today, but would be happy to come next time 👍
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Wozzap wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:26 pm
stevewharton wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:57 am
Sorry can’t do today, but would be happy to come next time 👍
No worries, just seen the weather forecast for teatime over NE Lincs, it doesn't look good :( :roll:
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Bloody weather, bloody typical :x
Got the kettle out this afternoon for a quick clean and service, on the off chance that it stayed fine. Got to 3.30 and the sky went very black and then the thunder started followed by a downpour, so bike back in the garage and bike night cancelled. But would you believe it, by 7.00 the skies cleared and the sun came out again :roll:
Oh well there'll always be another day :P
teazer

Post by teazer »

Gearing and gearsets yes, but what actually changed on the crank for the B model? Starter clutch etc didn't change, so it must have been something subtle. And what changed with pistons on A and B models? was that just a change to different clips or something else?

Anyone know for sure?