New member from Texas

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
texranger

New member from Texas

Post by texranger »

Howdy folks and thanks for letting me in! - I have been on the S2S forum for a couple of months now and Alan has helped me plenty the last couple of days troubleshooting an electrical issues with my GT550A. She's fixed now and Alan suggested to join the Clinic..so I did!

A little about me...I have been riding for 30 years now and own too many bikes. My current "inventory" includes Japanese & Euro bikes and (1) H-D. From 50's Vespas to late model adventure bike.

Anyway, the reason I'm here is because of my (2) GT550s; a Green Lime K and a Targa Red A.

The 73 I've owned it for about 13 years but have only put maybe 3 miles on her. Saw the bike leaning against a dumpster while driving through a neighborhood, turned around and got out to check it out and a old man came to me asking if I liked the bike...my reply: of course!! - Well she's yours he told me. He went back his house and returned with the title and a few other documents. He was in the process of moving and couldn't take the bike with him and take care of her. He placed the bike by the dumpster and was waiting for somebody to get her. She had been sitting for a good while and the last thing the owner tried was to wire some weird batteries (toy/UPS type) under the seat because he couldn't find the right size for it.
Brought it home and after a quick diagnostic and rewiring I got her to fire up. Rode it around the neighborhood and parked it. Made a rolling working table for her and placed in the middle of the garage for one day bring her back to life....she's been patiently waiting but I need to start on her soon. Chrome doesn't like to sit unattended.

I acquired the 76 550A a couple of months ago from a gentleman in Arkansas. She's not red anymore but a flat olive green. She's got a nice history and was told by previous owner that some very well know people have worked on her throughout the years.
I'll snap some better pics later on but here are a couple of when I picked her up and while a short ride around town.

Cheers - Nic
Resized_20210305_140722.jpeg
Resized_20210305_140730.jpeg
Resized_20210410_190232.jpeg
Alan H

Re: New member from Texas

Post by Alan H »

Welcome Nic. Most of the guys on here are fine, but one or two are jealous of us folks with the best triple - GT550 - and moan quite a lot. Poor sods ;).
Lots of help on here and there's a good selection of all two stroke Suzies, plus one or two 'diesels' for the less well endowed. :lol:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
2strokejohnny

Post by 2strokejohnny »

welcome Nic any friend of Alans is a friend of mine 🤮 John
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Hi Nic, welcome to the KETTLE clinic forum.
All Suzuki 2 strokes are welcome here, but a certain person is trying to take over with his preference of the 550, mainly because the mighty 750 is a bit too much for him to handle at his advanced age ;) and he always thinks he's right :ugeek: Don't get too friendly with him either, or he'll be turning up at your door for a free holiday :roll:
Only joking we're a friendly bunch on here who just like to wind each other up and I'm sure you'll get plenty of help and advice when you need it :D
Last edited by stevewharton on Sun May 23, 2021 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Hi and welcome Nick, they're a good bunch on here. Plenty of knowledge and p1ss taking :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
texranger

Post by texranger »

Thank you for the warm welcome, fellas! - I'm sure I'll enjoy it here and I hope to be able to give back something...one day. (btw, I do have some other 2 strokes...just a bit more mundane than the Suzy, of course!)

Cheers~!