New Member.

Here you can post a picture of you and your bike. Also where you are located and if you are prepared to give local kettle owners some of your time and experience.Please don't do discussions here just some facts about yourself. This was Glens idea! Thanks BAZ
Hustler

New Member.

Post by Hustler »

Hello.
My name is Sean. I am a sap who takes pity on old neglected bikes. Then spends far more than I should restoring them.
When I say "restoring" I don't mean pattern parts and a rattle can paint job, that's somewhere near.
I also have no time for investment bike owners. Imo A bike is to be ridden. Sorry to be blunt. Forgive me as I'm from Lancashire.
I have had a life long passion for motorcycles.
I am grateful to be accepted into your Forum. Even though I don't own a Kettle. But I do own T500j + T250j. Which I hope qualifies.
Also in my shed are..
Honda Cb750k1, Cd175a sloper.
Cb175k6 X2
Xl250 Motorsport.
Yamaha yas1.
Rd400.
Tdr250.
Kawasaki ke100.
Drz400e.
Nice to be here.
Regards Sean.
mick 63

Re: New Member.

Post by mick 63 »

How do Sean from another Lancastrian , i've spoken to you before on the sohc forum , cheers Mick from Lancaster ;)
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Welcome Sean.
The 175 sloper engine was a little stormer and followed on from all the other similar types with sloping cylinders like the CB92, CB72 etc. that I had. Looked and went better than the vertical engines imo, although I was a lot lighter in the late 60s/early 70s!.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

Welcome, dude.
Hustler

Post by Hustler »

Hello again Mick.
Thank you for the welcome chaps.
The only thing that lets the sloper down is. 6v electrics.
But after the massive change 12v conversion has made to my Motorsport. I'm tempted to convert the sloper.
I'm even considering fitting a 5 speed box.
Sean.
teazer

Post by teazer »

Convert to 12v on the CD175 - absolutely.
I think the stator and rotor can be replaced with any from a CB175/200 and probably the 350 360 etc as well. Fit a modern regulator/recifier and 12v LED lights as well.

Not sure if it has the same bottom end as a sloper CB175 or as a 4 speed CB160 which also had sloper cylinders. The K0 175 came with a 5 speed but different indent roller that a 4 speed or vertical 5 speed motors. You can also fit a GL1000 DYna in place of points. The backing plate is the same diameter and it comes with a spare pickup module. You may need to swap the DYNA rotor to one with 2 magnets though.
Hustler

Post by Hustler »

Good info. Thank you.
I don't think I have ever seen A 175k0 here in the UK.
A shame really. As I have a Nos rear fender for the KO.