Ebay scammers.

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
stevewharton

Ebay scammers.

Post by stevewharton »

I get daily updates from ebay on all things GT750 kettle and I've just had a look at todays selected listings. For the first time ever there are no spares for sale, just eight very nice and tidy complete kettles, with several B's a couple of A's an L and a K. So I clicked on the first only to find a message from ebay saying "We've searched everywhere but this item can't be found". It looks like the scammers have been at it again, someone's reported it and the item's been removed, nothing unusual there but when I checked the others all eight were the same. There must be good money in it for these lowlifes to keep trying and I guess it only takes one sucker to fall for it, but is it just down to us to keep reporting these scams, or should ebay be upping their game a bit more?
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Jacobscreek

Re: Ebay scammers.

Post by Jacobscreek »

It's the third time in 2 weeks they've appeared. Always saying they're his brothers bikes. Usual start price for some of them is £4,800. There are other bikes offered by the same scammer all of which are sought after bikes such as an RG500.