Tickover issue

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
nathern

Tickover issue

Post by nathern »

Hi
Need some help.
My gt750A (1976) has developed an issue where on cold startup the L/H pot does not fire up straight away, it kicks in about a minute later and even then is hit and miss.
Its not until the choke is off and has warmed up that its back to normal,it also smokes a bit.
I have stripped and rebuilt the carbs,all ok,checked ignition timing (electronic) and checked the compression on all pots.
Been out today and a couple of times if ive had to wait at a junction for a minute or so the left pot has stopped but once away was ok.
Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
P.S I rebuilt the carbs using Baz's DVD Has a guide.
malky

Re: Tickover issue

Post by malky »

Sound like pilot circuit on the left carb is partially blocked have you tried playing around with the setting on the pilot screw when it stops firing to see if it makes any difference?
EvansWard

Post by EvansWard »

Have you checked fuel height on that carb as well as synch on it as compared to the others?
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV
1984 Yamaha RZ350
nathern

Post by nathern »

Thanks for the replies.
Float height was checked and reset on all carbs when I rebuild them, as per the DVD.
Will have a tinker with the air screw later today.
failing that I will take the carbs off and check them again.