gt 380 oil lines

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
Woodpecker

Re: gt 380 oil lines

Post by Woodpecker »

Hi Barney again thanks. I removed the oil lines and all appeared to be full and oil was present on the engine inlets all except No.1 crank. With the "O" rings on the spider I used a syringe and oil went through all the lines. Had another look at the pump which is very clean no blocked ports. As I have not yet replaced the carbs I will try your test on the pump. I have Castrol 2 (pink) at the moment but was thinking of draining the tank and filing with a blue synthetic two stroke so I can see the flow as the colour changes.
Going back to the pump lever with the pump removed if I move the lever in the increased direction (more throttle) I assume the stroke of the shaft should increase? It appears to rise and fall about 2mm on the cam.
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Good news no blocked pipes or banjo valves. The blue oil is a very good idea. The cam does rise and fall as you describe. Hopefully you will see the oil pushing through :D
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
Woodpecker

Post by Woodpecker »

Barney Carried out your test and yes oil appeared out of all 6 holes at the bottom of the pump. Also checked the drive shaft/piston incresed it stroke as I moved the control lever against the spring. Carbs back on left No1 crank banjo off ran the engine for a couple of minutes no oil! So off with the pump syringed some oil into the line and out it came. Ran the engine again and hey presto oil. I think it may have had air also it appears very small delivery of oil at low revs and takes some time. I also have a garage floor covered in oilfrom the exhaust but thats better than no oil.
So I think its sorted! running again after 20 plus years! Thank you all for your help its a great forum.
Stu from Kent
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Great news the pump will improve with use too :D the oil on the garage floor will be a mixture of water and carbon from inside the pipes. Starting and running the engine but not riding the bike causes moisture to condensate on the inside of the pipes and builds up. What is needed is a good hard ride to clear out the system. Time to go enjoy your bike! :D
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE