Cylinder head removal

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
kawonda750

Cylinder head removal

Post by kawonda750 »

Hi I am in Ontario Canada and working on my 3rd GT750. Now I am wondering just what I am doing wrong. I have all the head bolts off and the head won't budge. Am I missing a fastener underneath or hidden? I don't recall having this problem before. Oh yes, it is a 76 GT750 A. Very nice unmolested shape but it has been sitting for quite a while. Any ideas would be appreciated. This is my winter project to keep me busy when I retire in a couple weeks. Thanks Dave
willowden

Re: Cylinder head removal

Post by willowden »

I had the same thing with my 750b.
It was stuck on the two studs. If you can remove one of them you should be able to get some movement .
Assuming it’s the same issue as I had.
Good luck
kawonda750

Post by kawonda750 »

I have the same problem. It is stuck on the left stud. I have movement but it will not go over that stud. When I move the head forward and back the stud also moves. I may have to drill it out. It was a good exercise for my blue vocabulary though...
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Always nice to say hello first before asking 'stuff'.
Just a hello and what you know about bikes.
Polite rools ok....... :roll:
I visited Toronto a few years ago and was very impressed in the politeness and general interest of the inhabitants there - as far as Hamilton, Tobermory and the bits inbetween anyway..... :)
Proof that four strokes are over complicated