Warning lights/dash on 76A

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
jons76a

Warning lights/dash on 76A

Post by jons76a »

Hi,
Looking for advice on the right setup on the ignition/warning light setup on my 76A Kettle (registered 1st Aug 76)
At the moment it has a blue high beam indicator and black /gear position decals and a red lens for gear selection. May I ask if that is right?
Based on some suggestions it should be a red high beam indicator, black decals and a greenish lens for gear selection. I hope this makes some sense.....
If things need changing is it easy to remove and replace decals, high beam indicator and lens showing gear selection?
Thanks in advance for any advice , pointers or help.
Jon
stevewharton

Re: Warning lights/dash on 76A

Post by stevewharton »

Hi Jon, the blue high beam indicator and red digital gear numbers are both correct, otherwise yours and my "A" models are both wrong. :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
mick 63

Post by mick 63 »

Hi Jon it should look like this , cheers Mick ;)
Attachments
40.jpg
jons76a

Post by jons76a »

Hi, thanks for taking the time to reply to my query. It is very confusing as I`m also being told the part number for a 76A Kettle is 34980-31210 which brings up a unit which has brown faced decals, red high beam and greenish gear position indicator.
I`m told that the only model which would have blue high beam, black decals and red gear position indicator would be the B model and that has a superseded part number which is 34980-31212.
Help!!! :lol:
mick 63

Post by mick 63 »

Hi Jon this is the dash from a M model , cheers Mick ;)
Attachments
96.jpg
BATTS

Post by BATTS »

These are my A clocks (late A) , they have been rebuilt but the warning lights are original. Sometime in the '70's the automotive industry generally adopted the blue for info, red for warning and amber for advisory approach. Most A's I've seen have blue high beam lights and most M's have red, but there were bound to be a few "crossovers" at model change as Suzuki emptied the parts bin. The new binnacle available from Suzuki comes with a blue lamp.
IMG_0251.JPG
Chris
76 GT750, 78 GT550, BMW K1600gtl