Gt750k wiring

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
Gt750lee

Gt750k wiring

Post by Gt750lee »

Hi I have a 1973 suzuki gt750k.I would like to fit a new wiring loom to it.i have a new genuine loom part numbe is 36620 31004 can I fit straight to bike or do I need to change silicone rectifier to later type as I can see black and white earth wire is not in block connection on new loom.
Alan H

Re: Gt750k wiring

Post by Alan H »

Someone else missing an intro before asking questions. Please say hello and give a few details of who, where and what your bike experience is, and you'll probably get a lot more replies!
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Alan H wrote:Someone else missing an intro before asking questions. Please say hello and give a few details of who, where and what your bike experience is, and you'll probably get a lot more replies!
Hello my name is Paul, I live in gods own county Lancashire and I don’t own a Kettle apart from one in the kitchen I use to boil water for my tea :roll:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

PaulD738 wrote: Hello my name is Paul, I live in gods own county Lancashire
No you don't. You live in cheesy cheshire, not the runners up county.
slosher

Post by slosher »

Alan H wrote:
PaulD738 wrote: Hello my name is Paul, I live in gods own county Lancashire
No you don't. You live in cheesy cheshire, not the runners up county.
Thought a person from Warrington was a "Woolyback" :lol: :lol: :lol:
GT750L
GT550L
TL1000 97s
T140V
Loctite Trained Engineer :lol:(since having the Bonnie)
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Gt750lee wrote:Hi I have a 1973 suzuki gt750k.I would like to fit a new wiring loom to it.i have a new genuine loom part numbe is 36620 31004 can I fit straight to bike or do I need to change silicone rectifier to later type as I can see black and white earth wire is not in block connection on new loom.
Hi Lee. Welcome to the forum. You own a classic Suzuki GT so you are an automatic member of the rabble, (even if you don't want to be :lol: ) As you can already see, this involves random comments and arguments amongst ourselves which is highly amusing but does not help you in the least. Just like a real family ! :D As far as I can see, the loom should work fine on your bike so look at this diagram to help you. Just make sure any earth connection for the rectifier is still maintained, whether through the loom or the rectifier body

http://www.kettleclinic.co.uk/kcforum/d ... &mode=view
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Why is the earth connection on a bike (or car) so called when it's not connected to the planet?
It's actually 'ground', but as it isn't that either it's a complete misnomer.
Let's just call it 'negative', but there again, that's not really positive is it? :roll:
Gt750lee

Post by Gt750lee »

Thank you for the reply canaletto. it help me to continue with my electrics on the full rebuild of my gt750.
I'm not really a one for forums.as normally sort out my own problems after being in the vehicle trade for 44 years.
My question in December was in the heat of the moment when I was hands deep in old wires and new loom..I bought the old gt750 back in March but have only had time to strip it at the start of December due to work commitments :(
As you say it looks like I'm in the family on here.
And as in all family's there is always one :lol: (you know who you are) :)
So I'm sure I will get some more banter along the way if I do need help again.
Which working in the car game for so many years you come to expect it.
Regards to all.lee
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

2 posts, and gone. Ho hum....