Forum update - Please read :)

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
Alan H

Re: Forum update - Please read :)

Post by Alan H »

itsnotateapot wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:47 pm ps i am using chrome.
Richard
Where did you have it done Richard? Prestige tends to be much slower than Agbriggs. :tw
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
astrax

Post by astrax »

Alan H wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:39 pm
itsnotateapot wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:47 pm ps i am using chrome.
Richard
Where did you have it done Richard? Prestige tends to be much slower than Agbriggs. :tw
OH Alan ......
Beyond help....
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

astrax wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:02 pm For the guys still having performance issues

This is an unedited screen recording from my 3 - 4 year old Android mobile, after the initial forum page, when the topic turns yellow, that is when I have selected it.
It was done using mobile data, this is the sort of speed I would expect you to be getting, guys over in the USA and Canada ect.. may be a fraction slower, but still a reasonable speed.

Thanks
Ian
Hi Ian, just to let you know that everything on the forum is now working perfectly on both my laptop and my android phone, with the "sticking" whilst navigating around the site now completely gone.
Well done mate and thanks for all your expert work :ugeek: :D
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

stevewharton wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:44 pm Hi Ian, just to let you know that everything on the forum is now working perfectly on both my laptop and my android phone, with the "sticking" whilst navigating around the site now completely gone.
I'll second that, and hopefully Ian won't have to mend it all again for ages & ages!! :lol:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
astrax

Post by astrax »

Alan H wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:10 pm
stevewharton wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:44 pm Hi Ian, just to let you know that everything on the forum is now working perfectly on both my laptop and my android phone, with the "sticking" whilst navigating around the site now completely gone.
I'll second that, and hopefully Ian won't have to mend it all again for ages & ages!! :lol:
Glad to hear all is working ok at last, found the issue which only seemed to affect some users, due to having two Internet connection, all users were connecting on the new system, but the response to some users, sometimes came through the old connection which caused a delay.

Thanks to all the guys that helped with the testing.

Alan, No plans to upgrade for a while. :lol:
Filth

Post by Filth »

Steve , that sounds familiar...

"Much slower for me too and sometimes it seems to get stuck and stops responding completely"
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Filth wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:20 am Steve , that sounds familiar...

"Much slower for me too and sometimes it seems to get stuck and stops responding completely"
"Filth"??? That can only be Richard Lindoe and I thought you'd disappeared off the planet. :roll:
We've been talking about you on here for a while now (all good honest) and it all started with a question from me, about you once telling me that you'd been in a famous band way back in your youth. So what band was it Richard?
Oh yeh, how you keeping buddy and what've you been up to?
Regards Steve Wharton.
Ex kettle club regalia rep'.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Filth wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:20 am Steve , that sounds familiar...

Just got the Joke. :roll: :oops: :lol:
Filth

Filth ?

Post by Filth »

Yes Steve , It's Richard L,

In the late 70'S and early 80's I did play Drums when I lived and worked in Coventry, albeit intermittently as a 'stand In' when people didn't turn up, got arrested or were too drunk/stoned to play........
Punk Band Squad and The Coventry Automatics were well known around Coventry and supported each other around the pubs and clubs borrowing equipment, me running around after them and playing when the Drummer failed to show. A toolmaking apprenticeship was compensated for by my friends, the music and the nightlife.
Then one night after a band practice at the Pitts Head (ahead of a mini UK tour) I took the Bass player on the back of my GT550 across town with some friends on their mopeds - GT250X7 Danny, GT380 Eamon and RD400 Russ. The ride became a 'race' and I totalled the 550 breaking Collar ones and ribs. My pillion broke an arm and some ribs. The bike was dragged behind the back of The Coundon Arms before the Police arrived. We were obviously dropped from the band. Six months later they were signed up by Elvis Costello under their independent label '2 Tone' and renamed as The Specials.
The founder member, Jerry Dammers has been ignored and 'cold shouldered' by the band for many years sad..... and the founder of Squad, Gus Chambers moved to LA and died of a drug overdose in 2008 sad.
Ironic now to find myself working back in Coventry after all over 40 years. This weekend I plan to ride over to Coventry and revisit The Pitts Head (thinks its gone) and The Coundon Arms - paying particular attention the railway crossing which saved me from rock n' roll.
God Bless
Attachments
Bent 550
Bent 550
Nice Hair ?
Nice Hair ?
Dresda Kettle
Dresda Kettle
Dresda Complete 3.jpg (27.94 KiB) Viewed 16 times
K5 Kettle
K5 Kettle
Some time ago