Is summat hiding in among the triples?

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
Alan H

Re: Is summat hiding in among the triples?

Post by Alan H »

Well, sussed the boingy front end. Uprated progressive springs had been fitted due to the standard ones not being strong enough I guess, and the spring fitter had forgotten to put oil in..... :? :lol:
And Canneloily's the cheek to call me tight!! :shock:
So I put some in and fortunately I know the right swear words to get the top fork plugs back in.
Did a local lap of the area - only about 3 milesish before it started to spot of rain again, but rides really nice. Very different to the 2 strokes of course, I'd forgotten what engine braking was!
Can't wait to get out and have a good run on it.

Here's a few pics of the headlight....
Off
20210218_173457.jpg
Halo
20210218_173525.jpg
Dip
20210218_173610.jpg
Main beam
20210218_173547.jpg
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

2nd hand fork oil for sale. Left over from failed assassination attempt. PM me for details
Frankibaby7

Post by Frankibaby7 »

:D that’s a mad headlight big man :lol: but very cool Alan :lol: :D :roll: :lol:
Frankibaby :lol:
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

canaletto5 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:54 pm 2nd hand fork oil for sale. Left over from failed assassination attempt. PM me for details
Never been used...... :roll: :lol:
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

canaletto5 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:54 pm 2nd hand fork oil for sale. Left over from failed assassination attempt. PM me for details
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Fitted some engine bars to the GS. What a faff - some strange 'teardrop' nuts under the engine and one wasn't very happy so has been replaced with summat out of the spares box as a 'temporary measure'.
Job done and starts/runs nice.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

There was a slight leak from one of the front calipers recently so I decided to get it sorted. I don't particularly like doing calipers so took the bike to Bill Thomas bikes in Wombwell - nice guy is Steve, the owner and has several classics of his own including a GT550 ( guess where he gets his spares?!), Hippo and T500 and some british diesels.
Anyway, he stripped both calipers and there was a very small scratch on one of the pistons, which was 'just' where the seal was, so I got a couple of nice blingy stainless steel ones from Astrax along with new seals and pads and he remantled them nicely and I fetched the bike home yesterday. Runs nice and handles & brakes lovely with no leaks, so it might be having a couple of outings now.
Last edited by Alan H on Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

[quote="Alan H" nice guy is Steve, [/quote]

I knew he liked me really, ;) he'll be admitting that he likes my Enfield next and my kettles paintwork :D
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Kettle paintwork is ok, if a little 'fishy', but you only copied what I had on my 550J back in about 1974/5.
Of course, I was on about a local Steve. A REALLY nice guy..... :roll:
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:15 am Kettle paintwork is ok, if a little 'fishy', but you only copied what I had on my 550J back in about 1974/5.
Of course, I was on about a local Steve. A REALLY nice guy..... :roll:
No, I've "perfected" what you had on your 550 ;)

And I've asked my wife and she said it's not "fishy",
it's "dragonishy" and she should know :o

P.S.I'll deny it if you tell her I said that :?

P.P.S. All "Steves" are really nice guys 8-)
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".