Help needed

The KettleClinic forum, it is free to become a member and free to use, we have additional information available to all members.
If you have not joined yet, do it now.

Please note the email for the signup should arrive within 15 minutes, if not, please check any spam or junk folders, if still not arrived please contact the forum
pin

Help needed

Post by pin »

Hi all
I help some help with a problem with a TPS sensor it’s not from a gt 750 but I’m getting no help from the z1300 lot,
The problem is the TPS sensors not working and there are none to buy anywhere and if you can find one it going to be 40 years old,
I’m thinking of using a colvern tps as I found someone used one on a gpz 750 turbo which uses the same TPS as the zg1300
Has anyone used one before
Thanks
Andy
canaletto5

Re: Help needed

Post by canaletto5 »

pin

Post by pin »

Hi
Thanks for looking Kev I did seem that post but it’s over 7 years old and no one answered it ,
I have some ideas but I’m not good with electrical work
teazer

Post by teazer »

Pin,

Do you have the specs for that OEM TPS that failed? They typically say x volts at 0% and y volts at 100%. You may be able to find one with the same resistance values that you can fit.

Try the one you mentioned and see if it specs out the same as stock. They are a simple potentiometer as you probably already know.
pin

Post by pin »

Hi
This is what I found on the gpz 750 turbo site and this is what I’m going to have a go at I think I just don’t know that much about electric,
Does it look right

https://www.750turbo.com/forum/viewtopi ... 31#p180306
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

I wonder wtf a tps is?
I can't find any reference to one on the GT550s, Hippo or GS750, so I'd suggest chucking it away as it's not required on proper 2 stroke bikes or even an early diseasel.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
EvansWard

Post by EvansWard »

Throttle position sensor. Provide a Kaw part # and I’ll look for you here in the US.
1976 Suzuki GT750
1972 Kawasaki H2 750 Mach IV
1984 Yamaha RZ350
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Ahhhh.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
teazer

Post by teazer »

That would be great if Evans Ward can find an OEM part, but failing that, the article you referred to has the right approach. I used a TPS to collect throttle position data for a data logger, so all I has to do was to hook it up to a laptop with the data logger software and read 0% and 100% open voltages and "accept" them into the logger.

I want to say that on mine the voltage ranged from 5.77 to 0.25 or something like that. I used a TPS from a GSXR750 throttle body set and picked up a generic replacement from ebay for not a whole lot of cash. For my application, that was fine, but I don't know if the TPS on yours changes timing or fuel or both.

An online post about the DFI on Z100s suggested that for that model at least the TPS was NOT variable resistance, so dig around on forums for Voyager or US model 1300s to see what you can find.

https://amervoyassoc.org/ may know

https://www.kz1300.com/index.php/forum/ ... adjustment

https://www.mrcycleparts.com/?mcp=prt might be able to find one
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Alan H wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:07 am I wonder wtf a tps is?
I can't find any reference to one on the GT550s, Hippo or GS750, so I'd suggest chucking it away as it's not required on proper 2 stroke bikes or even an early diseasel.
It stands for Tos*er Posting Sh1t :lol: