X750h!

Post here if you are doing anything different
garry55

X750h!

Post by garry55 »

Garry.

Inside every standard Kettle is a bloody good engine crying for help............... :D
3into4

Re: X750h!

Post by 3into4 »

Interesting, looking forward to how this progresses
rodent

Post by rodent »

Hi Garry, is the 750 frame you cut up an early frame? If you are not going to use it would you consider selling the part that I have circled in red?

Cheers
Jim

garry55

Post by garry55 »

You could have had all that was left for the cost of postage Jim.

But it got taken to the waste disposal centre - sorry!

I do, however, know where there is another early (J) frame that has been chopped and the remains (including the bit you want) may be available.

I'll ask the question for you.
Garry.

Inside every standard Kettle is a bloody good engine crying for help............... :D
teazer

Post by teazer »

Now that is different. I would never have thought of that, but I did own a Rocket 3 back when I was a lot younger.

Mating those two frames is an interesting challenge. I think I would have just swapped out the steering head from the Triumph, but I'm a lazy beggar.

Is the bodywork a replica made to slightly different dimensions of that single downtube frame? It should look great when you are finished and makes a change from the usual TR replicas or more modern frames. Different is good. Keep the story coming.

BTW, those two lower radiator mounts are completely surplus to requirements. Replicate the top mounts to hang it from and the stiff lower hose will effectively replace the lower mounts.
rodent

Post by rodent »

garry55 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:02 pm You could have had all that was left for the cost of postage Jim.

But it got taken to the waste disposal centre - sorry!

I do, however, know where there is another early (J) frame that has been chopped and the remains (including the bit you want) may be available.

I'll ask the question for you.
Thanks Garry, much appreciated :D

cheers
Jim
garry55

Post by garry55 »

teazer wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:51 pm Now that is different. I would never have thought of that, but I did own a Rocket 3 back when I was a lot younger.

Mating those two frames is an interesting challenge. I think I would have just swapped out the steering head from the Triumph, but I'm a lazy beggar.

Is the bodywork a replica made to slightly different dimensions of that single downtube frame? It should look great when you are finished and makes a change from the usual TR replicas or more modern frames. Different is good. Keep the story coming.

BTW, those two lower radiator mounts are completely surplus to requirements. Replicate the top mounts to hang it from and the stiff lower hose will effectively replace the lower mounts.
The body work isn't an exact replica - the original X75 had a separate rear seat cowl that bolted to the seat itself (the A75 frame, as you will know, didn't have a seat loop like the T150). Also, this unit had deeper side covers that covered the oil tank whereas the X75's stopped short. I have had to trim these parts to get it to fit around my rear engine mounting, so in that respect it now replicates the original design.
Good call on the radiator mounts - they will be chopped off as it isn't in my "design" brief to run a front mounted radiator anyway. It would look wrong with a radiator on the front, and there is nowhere else to hide it on this bike.

P.S. - I sent you an e-mail with photos and dimensions of the exhaust silencers I was planning on using - did you receive it?
Garry.

garry55

Post by garry55 »

Is this what you are after Jim?

This engine cradle is earmarked for another of my Kettle engine transplants but will be chopped off at the end of the lower frame rails, leaving the bits you want surplus to requirements.
Garry.

rodent

Post by rodent »

garry55 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:58 am Is this what you are after Jim?

This engine cradle is earmarked for another of my Kettle engine transplants but will be chopped off at the end of the lower frame rails, leaving the bits you want surplus to requirements.
Yes Garry :) Just after the RH side as some clown has welded the RH footpeg to the frame and I'm not sure what's lurking underneath :( Can you let me know what you're after for it please, postage would be to Australia postcode 3429. cheers Jim
garry55

Post by garry55 »

Will do Jim.
Garry.