... GT750 j/k RAD GRILL NOW FINISHED ...

Post here if you are doing anything different
KETTLE BOY

... GT750 j/k RAD GRILL NOW FINISHED ...

Post by KETTLE BOY »

I have been playing around with a thought, making a grill for, the gt750J/K, I know there not made anymore, so why not just make one... So I did.... A bit more stronger than the original... Picked It up today from the powder coaters... Might do another one, get it chromed?.. I'm working on making some, for the later model gt's... L,M.A.B's.. In a different set up... Watch this space... Might protect the rad from a few large stones... :lol:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Last edited by KETTLE BOY on Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
GT750 J 1972
GT750 L 1974
Z900 A4 1976
ZZR1100. 1998
Breville Sandwich Maker
I'm never wrong.. Once I thought I was, but I was mistaken.

RickyPell50

Re: ... GT750 j/k RAD GRILL NOW FINISHED ...

Post by RickyPell50 »

Hi Kettle boy i managed to pick one up of e bay last year just like yours.Looks nice fitted and gave me peace of mind protecting the rad.Youve done a nice job there by the way.........Rick
KETTLE BOY

Post by KETTLE BOY »

Thanks rick... Looking at it now, it's a bit industrial, but a least it won't brake, or fall appart, like most things made these days.. :lol: . I did see that on ebay, and was watching and to see what interest it got... It stuck in my head so, looked around the workshop, and knocked one up, and had it powder coated.. Would look nice in chrome too. The rad on any Gt750 is it's main look of this iconic bike... Will make another one, with a smaller diamond patten, might use a stainless mesh, at this stage, it a bit like... Suck it and see...but if I get enough interest, might start taking orders for them? :!: :?: 8-) I looked on my gt750j rad, fitted on my bike, and noticed that the holes are already there for it to bolt straight on, as must have been a Suzuki part, at some stage, as an accessory add on?
GT750 J 1972
GT750 L 1974
Z900 A4 1976
ZZR1100. 1998
Breville Sandwich Maker

Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

Very nice KB,I've seen radiators that have been badly bent & still hold coolant :shock: They must be stronger than we think...but a good placed rock will have the green stuff on the road before you know it :evil:
Cheers,
Roger
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
KETTLE BOY

Post by KETTLE BOY »

Roger Ackery wrote:Very nice KB,I've seen radiators that have been badly bent & still hold coolant :shock: They must be stronger than we think...but a good placed rock will have the green stuff on the road before you know it :evil:
Cheers,
Roger
Thanks roger.. But not with this grill, could save your rad, and that rock would bounce off, as long as it was big enough, not to go through the diamond patten.. I will be making the next one, with a small diamond mesh, ( less chance of that rock getting through) and a thin mesh behind. So you can save Time digging out the dead flys and lady birds.. :lol:
GT750 J 1972
GT750 L 1974
Z900 A4 1976
ZZR1100. 1998
Breville Sandwich Maker

astrax

Post by astrax »

Hi KB, you've done a nice job, I think the stainless mesh you mentioned polished up and a black frame would also look really good,

There are loads of options especially if you like things a bit different, I have drawn up a about 12 different designs, some of them I just fancied trying, not to use, some end up in the bin though.

Made myself this a few months ago for something a bit different, probably not going to fit it, did have it hung up for a while and it still needs polishing. Have one similar on the bike at the moment with a Suzuki S in the middle.

Keep up the good work KB.

Ian
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

astrax wrote:Have one similar on the bike at the moment with a Suzuki 'S' on it
Saw that one at the Taunton show last year when we met up. I know Richard took a pic of it. Looks well.
Of course us 550 riders are hard and our bikes need less protection...............
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
itsnotateapot

Post by itsnotateapot »

Alan H wrote:
astrax wrote:Have one similar on the bike at the moment with a Suzuki 'S' on it
Saw that one at the Taunton show last year when we met up. I know Richard took a pic of it. Looks well.
Of course us 550 riders are hard and our bikes need less protection...............
Here you go Alan :D
Attachments
Stunning
Stunning
SUZUKI GT750 L 8-)
SUZUKI T500 M 8-)
SUZUKI GT185 K 8-)
Suzuki T500 Cobra 8-) 8-)
Suzuki GTS 500 Hybrid.
Suzuki RG250.
KETTLE BOY

Post by KETTLE BOY »

astrax wrote:Hi KB, you've done a nice job, I think the stainless mesh you mentioned polished up and a black frame would also look really good,

There are loads of options especially if you like things a bit different, I have drawn up a about 12 different designs, some of them I just fancied trying, not to use, some end up in the bin though.

Made myself this a few months ago for something a bit different, probably not going to fit it, did have it hung up for a while and it still needs polishing. Have one similar on the bike at the moment with a Suzuki S in the middle.

Keep up the good work KB.

Ian
Different Alan.. needs some long strip led's (top & bottom behind,the grill, in red or blue) for that night time riding.. thanks for the complement..kb..
GT750 J 1972
GT750 L 1974
Z900 A4 1976
ZZR1100. 1998
Breville Sandwich Maker

mark.read3

Post by mark.read3 »

Superb work there Kb. You could be onto something there.