Water pump bypass hose

Here you can write about your restoration highs and lows and hopefully final success
Mr Bonehead

Water pump bypass hose

Post by Mr Bonehead »

Hi members,I’m still on with my Suzuki GT 750 renovation,thé starter clutch has packed in and the water pump bypass hose has split ,Ive managed to find a repair kit for the starter clutch but having no joy with the hose ,any help regarding finding one greatly appreciated,I also took the exhausts off to clean out after numerous failed attempts at starting,the Boyer Bransden doesn’t work when the batteries too low so a lot of unspent fuel in the pipes,luckily I did as I found a dead mouse and nest ,must have got in the header when the pipes were off 😩 no idea where the wadding has come from as there’s never been any in 🤔
Mr B
Attachments
71F44F17-8293-4B5D-9D6C-D77063262D82.jpeg
EB4C2752-4A26-4936-81AF-AFF0D2F478D4.jpeg
slosher

Re: Water pump bypass hose

Post by slosher »

Hello Mr B
Not sure what you mean by Water Pump Bypass Hose :? there is a bypass in the water pump housing itself that allows oil to drip away from the water system and not mix ;) Do you mean the tube coming from the white oblong water bottle under the tank :?:
As far as the baffle wadding that should be wired around the outside of the baffle it appears the mouse has dragged it inside the baffle :lol:

Cheers Dave
GT750L
GT550L
TL1000 97s
T140V
Loctite Trained Engineer :lol:(since having the Bonnie)
teazer

Post by teazer »

Mr. B, I assume you are referring to the thermostat bypass hose that connects the standpipe by the starter motor to the lower face of the thermostat housing.

I haven't tried to buy one of those on its own but it's included in a set of all the radiator hoses that I got on ebay.

If the main hoses are OK, I suppose you could get some suitable sized heater hose from an Auto supply store and make it fit.
Mr Bonehead

Post by Mr Bonehead »

slosher wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:05 pm Hello Mr B
Not sure what you mean by Water Pump Bypass Hose :? there is a bypass in the water pump housing itself that allows oil to drip away from the water system and not mix ;) Do you mean the tube coming from the white oblong water bottle under the tank :?:
As far as the baffle wadding that should be wired around the outside of the baffle it appears the mouse has dragged it inside the baffle :lol:

Cheers Dave
Hi slosher,thanks for the reply ,the pipe is the one that is underneath the thermostat housing then passes through the starter motor cover,like you suggest I'm going to try a few auto shops,The mouse was real cheeky and climbed into the pipe whilst it was off waiting for my crank to come back,I'd already cleaned the baffle and there was no waddling ,the Sod pinched that from a GSXR 1100 exhaust I had under the bench,I gave the pipe a quick shake before fitting it but nothing came out ,it's impossible for a mouse to get into the pipe once it's fitted and bolted in place as the baffle holes are too small,ive unfortunately fitted it with the mouse already in the header , the nest and mouse blew straight into the beginning of the baffle which wouldn't help the running of the bike
Cheers MrB
Mr Bonehead

Post by Mr Bonehead »

teazer wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:55 pm Mr. B, I assume you are referring to the thermostat bypass hose that connects the standpipe by the starter motor to the lower face of the thermostat housing.

I haven't tried to buy one of those on its own but it's included in a set of all the radiator hoses that I got on ebay.

If the main hoses are OK, I suppose you could get some suitable sized heater hose from an Auto supply store and make it fit.
Hi Teazer,suzietwo and legend use to to sell them separately but don't anymore,going to have a drive out to a few garages and see what they've got ,had a NOS one offered but not been told the price yet ,don't want to sell a kidney though so probably won't be buying it :roll:
Cheers MrB
Mr Bonehead

Post by Mr Bonehead »

Hi all ,eventually managed to buy a hose for the water pump €25 👍
Attachments
2D1013CF-F446-40D4-B546-B8A86A33FEB8.jpeg