PROJECT TETANUS

Here you can write about your restoration highs and lows and hopefully final success
rodent

Re: PROJECT TETANUS

Post by rodent »

Done some painting today, black came out nice on seat base and gauge tins but I got a couple of pieces of dust in the clear coat :( But happy that there was no reaction between coats 8-)

Since we're in Lockdown here I don't have much better to do with my time than rub back clearcoat and spray on another coat.........hopefully without dust :(

PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Looking good there rodent, I haven’t got the patience for all the prep needed to paint
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
rodent

Post by rodent »

PaulD738 wrote:Looking good there rodent, I haven’t got the patience for all the prep needed to paint
^^^Nor do I Paul(thanks), but the only other option is to pay someone........And I'm a cheap/thrifty prick :(
rodent

Post by rodent »

Rubbed back the gauge tins and seat base(painted seat base satin instead of gloss) again today and resprayed, all came out better than last weekend and I'm reasonably satisfied with the end result......Though not perfect, I'm a 5hit painter so I can't expect any better :(

Also painted the ends of my needles, I was going to redo the whole needle but they still had a nice lustre and I'm not making work for myself. And yes, I painted them still affixed to the gauge as I'm not changing the faces. I did buy new faces but I don't like them :(

Also dropped my crank off this week to have new seals, bearing and rods fitted(won't get done for another month due to Covid-19), also dropped off barrel to get bored and head to get face surfaced.

Also had a 5hit ton of gear turn up from Mark Read.......Thank you Squire :)

rodent

Post by rodent »

Had some gear turn up from the UK today from 2 folks :D Some good, some not so good :(

I expected more from one guy seeing that he is spruiked here a bit, but my dealing with the individual was subpar.

On a positive note, Ian B your work is superlative 8-)
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

"Spruiked"???
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
mick 63

Post by mick 63 »

stevewharton wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:47 am "Spruiked"???
Its Australian slang Steve ;) its similar to recommended :-), cheers Mick.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

So Rodent, have you sorted out the problem with the guy who was "spruiked"?
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
rodent

Post by rodent »

stevewharton wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:33 pm So Rodent, have you sorted out the problem with the guy who was "spruiked"?
I have been contacted overnight by the guy who "spruiked" to me and he's claimed he's going to get it squared away....Thanks.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/spruik
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

rodent wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:48 pm he's claimed he's going to get it squared away....Thanks.
Mustov been for an Ariel square four instead of a Suzy triple perhaps. :roll:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated