suzuki gt750 L

Here you can write about your restoration highs and lows and hopefully final success
paul k

suzuki gt750 L

Post by paul k »

hello i'm a new member to the kettle clinick.i have a 1974 L model that i bought in may last year,it was a bit rough and ready but still usable so i rode it last year as it was.it is now stripped and under going restoration,i'm hoping to have it back on the road around may

BAZ

Re: suzuki gt750 L

Post by BAZ »

Welcome to the forum Paul good luck with getting it on the road for May. There is no need to use Photo Bucket you can upload very hi resolution images direct to the forum. BAZ
KETTLE BOY

Post by KETTLE BOY »

Welcome, I have a l too. Theres some good links on here (Recommended services.)
GT750 J 1972
GT750 L 1974
Z900 A4 1976
ZZR1100. 1998
Breville Sandwich Maker
I'm never wrong.. Once I thought I was, but I was mistaken.

mark.read3

Post by mark.read3 »

Welcome mate, your gonna be a bit busy then ?
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Welcome Paul!
I note you didn't say which May :-)))
When I did my A it took quite a bit longer than I'd planned, but then I am an old procrastinator.
Happy now. Good luck with your machine.
Cheers,
Mike
ode lad

Post by ode lad »

Morning Paul, and welcome to the Forum. l am a new member too, and have found good info on all the GT750 models.
I have just had my 750 J Handlebar switches Refurbished by.... KETTLEBOY.... and a fantastic job he`s done! (and a really nice guy too very helpfull !) So l`m happy. .. Good luck with the resto mate, l`m sure any info you need you`ll get from the guys on this Forum. ode lad....
paul k

Post by paul k »

thanks for the welcome chaps,i am hoping its gonna be back on the road THIS May.i have been collecting the parts i need for the last 3 months so far i've shelled out around £1500,another £300 or so should do it.the frame and swing arm as you can see from the last pic just needs the top coat all the other parts have been shot blasted by myself ready for paint.i'm busy cleaning and polishing every thing ready for fitting at the moment,so when the paint work is done it should go together pretty quick.i have already got some useful info from the forum regarding the taper roller bearings,i too have purchased a set from p-k-n and now know about the steering stem mod needed to fit them.i'll try to up load a pic straight from my computer but i'm not to good with technical computer stuff.this is how i got the rather heavy engine out,axle stands 2 bits of wood and it slid out the side easy peasy
Attachments
engine 3.jpg
didge

Post by didge »

I thought it looked alright before you started Paul, but it'll look even better once you've finished.

I expect Nelbert will be watching your progress with interest.

Welcome aboard. :-)
malky

Post by malky »

yes welcome paul -its right what everyone says restoration always take longer than planned -will be fitting the engine back in ade2119's M model tomorrow we started stripping it a year last november and its finaly coming together-would put some pics up if i could work out how to!!--on a slightly diferent note is that a rover P5 coupe i can see in the background of the first photo it looks like the roofline of one.

Mal
Kettle-kid

Post by Kettle-kid »

Welcome Paul
The amount of knowledge within the forum is second to non,no problem to small or to tough.Never feel you are alone in your shed because there are 200+ members right there with you. Keep the pics and progress coming and let us know if you find something new.
Cheers for now KK