suzuki gt750 L

Here you can write about your restoration highs and lows and hopefully final success
oldjapanesebikes

Re: suzuki gt750 L

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

Looks good !
==================================
Ian
https://www.oldjapanesebikes.com
paul k

Post by paul k »

a bit more done
Attachments
rebuild gt3+.jpg
rebuild gt3.jpg
paul k

Post by paul k »

had a go at the forks today,was'nt looking forward to all that rubbing down but it did'nt take that long just 1.1/2 hours with wet and dry and finish off with the polishing mops
Attachments
forks.jpg
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Super bling work there - well earned too!
Cheers,
Mike
paul k

Post by paul k »

a bit more done,all the front end shiney bits on.but there is always some thing putting a spanner in the works,thought i'd try the headlamp lense just to see how it looked only to find that its too big.the headlamp bowl was black plastic so i replaced it with the correct nice re-chromed one and now it dos'nt fit,does the B model have a larger lamp
Attachments
gt4++.jpg
gt4+.jpg
oldjapanesebikes

paul k wrote:thought i'd try the headlamp lense just to see how it looked only to find that its too big.the headlamp bowl was black plastic so i replaced it with the correct nice re-chromed one and now it dos'nt fit,does the B model have a larger lamp
The GS series had black plastic buckets, but I wasn't aware of any of the GT series having anything other than metal ones. The North American, European and Japanese GT750 models all used the same headlamp ring so presumably the lenses would all have been the same diameter, even if they differed in having the driving lights, removable bulbs or left/right aiming. and also presumably the buckets would be much the same.

What exactly is it that isn't fitting ?
Ian
paul k

Post by paul k »

this is the problem,the gt750 headlamp bowl is 8in dia, the black plastic one that was fitted is 8 1/2 in dia and has the name KOITO on it and has 2 square holes and 1 round one in the back instead of just 2 round holes.
Attachments
lamp.jpg
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

The GT ones are all metal Phil has some NOS ones he may do a deal!!!!
oldjapanesebikes

Ditto to that - the plastic bowl is not original equipment, which makes me wonder why it was changed - what do your fork ears look like ?
Ian
paul k

Post by paul k »

the fork ears were ok, although the headlamp was 1/2 in wider the mounting holes were set further back so it fitted ok.