suzuki gt750 L

Here you can write about your restoration highs and lows and hopefully final success
yeadon_m

Re: suzuki gt750 L

Post by yeadon_m »

It'd be OK if you have a SUPER-SHED!
Attachments
Supershed.jpg
Kettle-kid

Post by Kettle-kid »

May be there all in your head Mr Cert
paul k

Post by paul k »

malky wrote:yes welcome paul -its right what everyone says restoration always take longer than planned -will be fitting the engine back in ade2119's M model tomorrow we started stripping it a year last november and its finaly coming together-would put some pics up if i could work out how to!!--on a slightly diferent note is that a rover P5 coupe i can see in the background of the first photo it looks like the roofline of one.

Mal
the car is a mk1 cortina 1500 super that i restored a few years ago,i sold it last august as i never drove it much and i needed the extra space for my other bikes.i have a yamaha r6,and a yamaha fs1-e aswell as the kettle,and i'm after another one maybe a 250 of some sort when the right one takes my fancy.

on the subject of the condition of my kettle,most people who have seen the pics comment that it looks in good condition,but the pics make it look a lot better than it is.the engine was sprayed all over in silver including the carbs, with overspray on the frame,the frame was sprayed were you could see it and again overspray was everywere.the fuel tank paint is patchy with runs all over it,the carbs are knackered,both side panels are broken,the speedo does'nt work properly,the seat is ripped,wrong headlight bowl,etc,etc, i'm not after a perfect bike but i want something that is smart and tidy.total outlay when finished should be around £3250 including the price of the bike.
didge

Post by didge »

"£3250" you can't fault that for a nice tidy bike nowadays.

I know what you mean too, mine was nice enough to "get away with it" but I wanted it "nice" for me, and I'm so glad I did, I've just had mine revalued at £5,000 and it owes me about 3k, happy days.
paul k

Post by paul k »

took the frame and swing arm into work today so a mate in the spray shop could top coat it for me,i had a look just after he had finnished and it looked awesome.i'm bringing it home tomorrow so the rebuild can begin,best of all was,it only cost me a packet of chocolate biscuits.i'll post some pics tomorrow as i forgot to take any.
mark.read3

Post by mark.read3 »

Result all round Paul, can't wait to see it. You might have to excuse Didge though , he'll probley have to go an have a cold shower if its turned out that good ..... he's very exiteable you know.
paul k

Post by paul k »

the frame safely home,the pics don't do it justice its so shiny it looks like its still wet.
Attachments
11032011504.jpg
frame gt2.jpg
didge

Post by didge »

mark.read3 wrote: You might have to excuse Didge though , he'll probley have to go an have a cold shower if its turned out that good
I've got my tissues ready. ;-)
paul k

Post by paul k »

swing arm,rear shocks,inicators and foot pegs fitted.i've got a zinc plating kit i bought on e-bay up and working,a bit of trial and error to start with but seems to do quite a decent job.i'll post some pics up tomorrow of some of the parts i've done
Attachments
rebuild gt1+.jpg
rebuild gt1.jpg
paul k

Post by paul k »

as promised here are some bits plated
i'm still getting the hang of it,trying different methods of cleaning to see what finish i get.
Attachments
15032011518.jpg