suzuki gt750 L

Here you can write about your restoration highs and lows and hopefully final success
yeadon_m

Re: suzuki gt750 L

Post by yeadon_m »

Paul, Looks very nice to me!
Re wives, my strategy is to tell her how much its now worth and when asked what all those boxes of parts that arrived cost, I just say "about £30" about each one.
Cheers!
Mike
paul k

Post by paul k »

i'm lucky i get home from work about an hour before the wife so i have plenty of time to stash all the parcels in the workshop out of sight.
paul k

Post by paul k »

i took her out for a gentle ride this morning 13 miles,so far no fluid leaks and only one problem.when shutting off the throttle at 3000 rpm after a few seconds it starts chugging backwards and forwards,iv'e had a fiddle with the carb settings they are recon set and i put them straight on and have not adjusted them since buying them last year.just waiting now for the black clouds to bugger off
Clubserpent

Post by Clubserpent »

Love it. I have a great 550. Would still love to have the 750!
Kiwikettle1

Post by Kiwikettle1 »

Hi Paul, I'm rebuilding a '74 GT750L as well down in NZ, and am at a similar stage to you. Engine is rebuilt (new crank brgs & seals, pistons, rings), frame has been powdercoated and i'm refitting the loom and external bits. I'm waiting to get the seat back from the upholsterer in a week or two.
A question on the handlebar switches - how did you get the red paint into the text indents, and did you use paint of something else

ps, i'll post some pics when I work out how to do it haha
regards
ian