Resurrection of Dobbin

Here you can write about your restoration highs and lows and hopefully final success
itsnotateapot

Re: Resurrection of Dobbin

Post by itsnotateapot »

Alan H wrote:Have a word with your favourite helpful Yorkie mate, Richard. I'm sure he'll do you a deal.
Alan I don't want FAB can u imagine the size of the Fish tank I would have to build to keep it in. :roll:
SUZUKI GT750 L 8-)
SUZUKI T500 M 8-)
SUZUKI GT185 K 8-)
Suzuki T500 Cobra 8-) 8-)
Suzuki GTS 500 Hybrid.
Suzuki RG250.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Oh Richard, you and Alan are so funny :tw not, and don't think for one minute I'd let FAB go and live in yorkieland, much too far from the sea. 8-)
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Steve, you are our favourite seaman.
It's a good job there isn't two of you. :shock: :lol:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

When I run the bike the other day the speedo wasn’t working which was a pain cos I had restored it with a new face and outer case. Like a pillock I never thought to check it worked with the drill. I’ve spent all afternoon stripping it down again and found one of the brass helical gears stripped! No worries I though I’ve got a spare I bought so the plan was to just transplant the guts of the spare fitted with the new face into the new outer case. When I opened the box it’s only a GT500 clock which look different and is slightly bigger :oops:
I ended up stripping them both down to the last screw and rebuilding mine with the good bits from the GT clock. That’s another three hours of my life I won’t get back :roll: :roll:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Paul. Why did you ever expect it to be straightforward? As I haven't been in the garage (much) today, it appears that the fukkupfairy has moved to yours. Please don't send the git back, just pass it on to someone deserving - like Mizzy!!! :lol:
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Your fairy friend stopped off briefly here today but as as everything was under control I gave the fairy clear directions to the M62, Northbound :D
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

mizzytheman wrote:Your fairy friend stopped off briefly here today but as as everything was under control I gave the fairy clear directions to the M62, Northbound :D
That's buggered it. The M62 goes East/West. It's the M6 that goes jockwise from hubcapville. :roll:
Still, so long as he/she/it doesn't get past Saddleworth, I care not.

And there's no reason to call Paul a fairy.
smil4.gif
smil4.gif (431 Bytes) Viewed 638 times
Air cooled rools!!!
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Ive emailed all the relevant information to the VJMC along with £45 (har feckkin much :shock: ) I’m sure my Kettle’s certificate didn’t cost that much?
Got a nice message back saying I will get my dating certificate back within 14 days. One step closer to getting Dobbin on the road 8-)
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!

Alan H

Post by Alan H »

If you joined VJMC it's cheaper, you tightwad.
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Alan H wrote:If you joined VJMC it's cheaper, you tightwad.
Tightwad? surely that’s the pot calling the kettle black :lol: anyway it would have saved me a tenner but cost me £60 to join!
I’m a pensioner ya know :roll: