Exhaust needed.

stevewharton

Exhaust needed.

Post by stevewharton »

Hello all, I hope you're keeping safe and well.

I wonder if anyone can help in my search for a nearside, upper/large exhaust for my "A" model kettle, I need it to be perfect with no rust, dings or leaks.
The one that's on the bike now I bought a couple of years ago and although it looked perfect when I bought it, it has a small perforation just below where the points are situated, which makes a right oily mess along the exhaust when out riding. Not a massive issue in the grand scheme I know, but it is becoming annoying :x
Alternatively, if anyone can recommend a way of repairing the small leak, maybe a re-chroming company in the Lincolnshire/Yorkshire area, that could tackle the job that would be a great help :D
TIA. Steve W.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
canaletto5

Re: Exhaust needed.

Post by canaletto5 »

Agbrigg's will strip the chrome so you can get it welded, then re-chrome once it's done.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Smear of clear high temp silicone Steve? At least it's 'invisible' until something else appears on the scene.
I use it to seal the slip joints on the spannies on the 550.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

canaletto5 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:48 am Agbrigg's will strip the chrome so you can get it welded, then re-chrome once it's done.
Tried getting in touch with Agbriggs for a quote but their website keeps crashing, then Alan H :ugeek: rang me to recommend using clear high temp silicone sealant, so I've ordered a tube off ebay.
If it works I've saved a small fortune, but if it doesn't that's £4.75 he owes me ;)
Another suggestion was to ask Delkevic if they'll sell a single pipe, worth considering :?:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Harrymail

Post by Harrymail »

Buy a set of Delkavic and sell your other 3 pipes ?

Paul
Currently without a GT, but looking
2003 Yamaha Fazer 600 Blue
2020 Triumph Street Twin Red
1968 BSA Bantam Sports Red
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Harrymail wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:32 pm Buy a set of Delkavic and sell your other 3 pipes ?

Paul
There's nothing wrong with the other three Paul it's just this tiny leak on the nearside upper, so being part Yorkshireman :roll: I'm still desperately searching for the cheapest solution ;)
2strokejohnny

Post by 2strokejohnny »

Steve have you a clicky link for the stuff,John
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

2strokejohnny wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:21 pm Steve have you a clicky link for the stuff,John
Hi John, the product I went for after searching ebay for what sounded the best, and the best price of course, is - ABRO - RTV - clear high temp' silicone sealant - in an 85 gram tube. £4.49 with freepost. Item number 284055029700. Of course I won't know how good it is until I've used it, but rest assured if it doesn't work someone in Wombwell will be getting an invoice in the post ;)
HTH
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

stevewharton wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:29 am
2strokejohnny wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:21 pm Steve have you a clicky link for the stuff,John
Hi John, the product I went for after searching ebay for what sounded the best, and the best price of course, is - ABRO - RTV - clear high temp' silicone sealant - in an 85 gram tube. £4.49 with freepost. Item number 284055029700. Of course I won't know how good it is until I've used it, but rest assured if it doesn't work someone in Wombwell will be getting an invoice in the post ;)
HTH
Don't forget the labour charge
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Just seen the answer to my prayers on ebay UK :roll:
A company in Cleveland, Ohio, who regularly advertise used kettle parts, notice I said "advertise" and not "sell" have a pair of the large kettle exhausts for sale for.............. Wait for it...............
£1817 + £208 p&p :o :shock: :?: :?: :?:

To be fair these are NOS, but £2025 for an incomplete set :tw when you can buy the full set from Delkevic for a lot less??? Beggars believe, but I guess someone must buy from them.