Kettle SRIS Hose Kit, NOS Kettle Oil Line.

rodent

Re: Kettle SRIS Hose Kit, NOS Kettle Oil Line.

Post by rodent »

Roger Ackery wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:45 pm I think you'll find that part you refer to is the short oil breather line at £49 pounds, still available from various suppliers.
x
Not in the business of ripping of fellow enthusiasts :cry: :roll:

Regards,
Roger.

canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

rodent wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:58 am Wow, I found out today how much those oil spiders were selling for(£49) when last listed by Suzuki Australia last year.

Don't get me wrong I understand Capitalism and that some private business buy up stock to resell for a profit. But when "enthusiasts" buy stock that they never get around to using and then look to unload for a massive profit with the intent of "price gouging" other "enthusiasts" ....... It's a bit disheartening :(
There's a used one here for sale in Aussie if that helps

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SUZUKI-GT-7 ... 4350370831
rodent

Post by rodent »

I think he can keep that item Kev ;) Thanks anyway :)
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

You're right, rich price. I saw another in Aussie for 100 dollars, second hand.

I know that list prices for new are around 50-60 but none of the retailers seem to have them and I suspect never will now.. If you want NOS then you may have to pay a premium, a sellers market it appears

If you want to be truly robbed, own a classic Merc SL. MB charge a FORTUNE for spares. eg £150 for a tail light gasket. Barstewards :roll:
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

Hi Guys, just to keep my reputation in tack here on the Forum, we all know these Oil Spiders haven't been available any where in the World new from a Suzuki dealer for Decades, let alone for £45 Pounds !!!
When bikes were still fairly new perhaps ?

I've been in touch with Ian Sandy ( Old Japanese Bikes ) who I'm sure will confirm the fact that availability new from Suzuki finished a long time ago.
I still have the item, Please PM me for details.
Last edited by Roger Ackery on Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
rodent

Post by rodent »

Suzuki dealer I spoke with sold his last one last year(2019) for $88aud.
rodent

Post by rodent »

canaletto5 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:34 pm
If you want to be truly robbed, own a classic Merc SL. MB charge a FORTUNE for spares. eg £150 for a tail light gasket. Barstewards :roll:
:( Quite clearly I'm too poor to own a Merc.
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

So am I now :lol:
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

rodent wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:45 pm Suzuki dealer I spoke with sold his last one last year(2019) for $88aud.
Must have miss read his Parts Fiche :roll:

Will wait & see what Ian Sandy can tell us about availability ?
The short breather hose line is available freely, gtreiner1@aol.com & else where ;)
Cheers

Roger.
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
oldjapanesebikes

Post by oldjapanesebikes »

Well - that breather pipe (17620-31030) is not the spider Roger is referring to. The oil distribution line, or spider is part number 16820-31031 and it hasn't been available from Suzuki literally for decades. It is true that CMSNL show a price of 67 Euros and Classic Parts NL list them at 60 Euros, but these would be the prices they listed for when they had them - which would have been a very, very long time ago and so are meaningless. ;)

What they are worth now, frankly is whatever someone is willing to pay. And given the number of other parts Suzuki has de-listed this summer (the nylon water pump gear, one of the crankshaft seals and a slew of other parts) you can count on prices going up drastically as parts availability begins to dry up. For those of us just trying to keep these old girls on the road, you can see that the wallet is going to be taking a beating in a few years time. :?
==================================
Ian
https://www.oldjapanesebikes.com